• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Hi all

Wellwisher

Oct 5, 2016
I live locally though I'm a Barnsley fan for my sins. I've been looking around for some local footy to watch and I think I'm going to come and watch your boys against Abbey Hey on Saturday along with a mate who lives in Winsford.
Lower level football has a lot going for it. It's not tainted by greed and corruption and is a breath of fresh air to be honest.
Was just wondering how you're viewing your season, what you feel your long term goals are and whether you have plans to return to playing in Northwich in the forseeable future.
Cheers

You'll be made more than welcome.

Our seasons going alright, hopefully we'll be challenging for the title come April. Got the squad to do it!

Get yourself a Birties pie, and enjoy!

You'll be made more than welcome.

Our seasons going alright, hopefully we'll be challenging for the title come April. Got the squad to do it!

Get yourself a Birties pie, and enjoy!
Cheers Andy, I'll make sure we try the pies!

Wellwisher,please let us know what you think of our club and if you enjoyed the game and will you come back?.

I'll definitely let you know. And I'll no doubt be back.I work most Saturday morning so can't get across to Yorkshire in time to watch Barnsley but getting to Winsford is no problem. I went to watch Worksop Town a month or so ago and really enjoyed the atmosphere so I'm looking forward to seeing how your boys do at the weekend.

Less greed and corruption? You may find the reasons for our existence quite interesting!!
It is a totally different experience from football higher up the pyramid and there's room to enjoy both.
PS. Enjoyed a great game at your place last season as an Everton fan. Most exciting game of our season. ☺

lol, well I sort of knew something had happened with the old Northwich Vics to cause a breakaway but I dont know the background so didn't want to wade in. Let's say, there's less greed and corruption and, to a degree a more level playing field. Though to be honest a team have sprung up in Barnsley, now called Shaw Lane AFC I think, (they were Shaw Lane Aquaforce) who have shot through the leagues on the strength of a rich backer.
As an Everton fan then can I say thanks for holding out for 47 mil for Stonesy. We're minted now by our standards, lol.
Anyway I'll be behind Northwich on Saturday! :)

Nice one hope you enjoy it
Pie and a pint first in the club

Congratulations on your win today. Thought you looked the better side throughout and played some nice composed football. Moved the ball around well and should have had a few more. Great save from their keeper to deny McGowan in the first half. Thought your front two looked good and agreed with the MOM choice of Mark Jones who did a great job in midfield. The only other comparison I have so far of teams in your league is Ashton Athletic who I saw draw at Worksop in the Cup. You look a considerably better side than them so, fingers crossed you go on to the title. Safe to say me and my mate will be back to see how you're getting on.
Wasn't that impressed with Winsford's ground to be honest, it's a bit soul less. I hope you get your own place back in Northwich soon. I chucked a couple of quid in the bucket on the way out. Does that buy me my name on a brick or something? lol
Anyway, as I said we'll be back before long so I hope the results keep going your way.
All the best.

If the money was there, it'd be good to tarmac behind the goals at Winsford so people could stand there.

It's a shame the crowd are so far away from the action
Hope to see you again

Congratulations on your win today. Thought you looked the better side throughout and played some nice composed football. Moved the ball around well and should have had a few more. Great save from their keeper to deny McGowan in the first half. Thought your front two looked good and agreed with the MOM choice of Mark Jones who did a great job in midfield. The only other comparison I have so far of teams in your league is Ashton Athletic who I saw draw at Worksop in the Cup. You look a considerably better side than them so, fingers crossed you go on to the title. Safe to say me and my mate will be back to see how you're getting on.
Wasn't that impressed with Winsford's ground to be honest, it's a bit soul less. I hope you get your own place back in Northwich soon. I chucked a couple of quid in the bucket on the way out. Does that buy me my name on a brick or something? lol
Anyway, as I said we'll be back before long so I hope the results keep going your way.
All the best.

And the pies???

Wellwisher, wear your Barnsley colours if make a another visit I am sure all the above will give you a good welcome.

Back