• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Ground

J

Jazzer

Anyone know if Jrfc have completed a ground share deal next season with witton ? I have been told it's 20k ?

Who knows?

And personally, I don't care. It'll end in tears for both JRFC and Witton.

Can we move this to other footy please mods as it has chuff all to do with us.

Ahh but it might be to do with us, let's not be ignorant!
Just say that they havent & we are having second thoughts / ideas .

1. Continue with the Barton stadium for a year, only play cup & new u21 games there
2. Take up the witton option - 100 of us pay £100 up front = £10k, or more myself included. Sponsorship meets the rest if it is 20k
3 takes jrfc out of the equation we are happy

It may not be directly to do with us but when they move to Witton it is more competition for us in terms of gates and sponsorship etc
Do not underestimate the ignorance of the (currently) non footballing public about the 74 / Vics history. This is, after all, the group of people all local clubs should be chasing for tomorrow's supporters.
Outside of the immediate area Northwich Vics is still the better known name. One good cup run for them with attendant publicity would reduce our profile and raise theirs and attract support. Remember how it felt for us in the past?

I don't believe that a deal has been reached, there has certainly not been any announcement by the club yet and I wouldn't think that there will be until late in the season (if at all).

Fair comment, although I thought I'd read somewhere that an arrangement would not have to be in place until late March/April. I might well be wrong on that though.

I think Paul is right in that Vics have until the end of March ( or thereabouts) to provide the league with a written agreement. Providing the individuals representing Vics don't try to negotiate themselves out of a deal, I can't really see there being any other onerous hurdle which prevents them from becoming the new tenant of Wincham Park.

Ahh but it might be to do with us, let's not be ignorant!
Just say that they havent & we are having second thoughts / ideas .

1. Continue with the Barton stadium for a year, only play cup & new u21 games there
2. Take up the witton option - 100 of us pay £100 up front = £10k, or more myself included. Sponsorship meets the rest if it is 20k
3 takes jrfc out of the equation we are happy

Ignorant is a bit harsh! I know the story only too well Jazzer! You are also assuming that all our fans would be happy to move to WP when this is just not the case. At the moment we have a home where ALL our fans turn up and, playing surface apart, are reasonably happy with the situation and VERY reasonable price we pay to our landlords. A move to WP is not prudent atm in this mans opinion. But circumstances may change in the years to come, especially if we were to achieve promotion and we outgrow our current home. Horses for courses. I stand to be corrected but I believe the BS has grading for one season in the evostick first division on the proviso that either the club brings it up to grading by the second season OR finds another home suitable for that league.
I can't believe that many if any of our fans would go back to them after all they have done and if they do then more fool them. As the saying goes "fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me!" They have tried to fool us more times than I care to remember.
In my opinion, they are an irrelevance. They have no credibility left in our town and I believe that most decent people will see past their smoke and mirrors and realise that to afford £20k on gates of 40 or 50 is very questionable in the extreme.

I don't believe Witton want all the rent up front.

I don't believe Witton want all the rent up front.
Sounds a bit like bungee jumping - jump off and hope you can trust the person who tied the rope. Financial adrenaline rushe?

Last edited:
Reactions: Tez
From all the discussions that I have had with many 74 supporters, (and EX Jrfc ones !) over any future "possible" tie up with WA, more support will be lost if such an event took place, and I will be among that group as will many of the "long timer's". The future is in our own hands and this "possibility" is not in that future !!.

Let us concentrate on our current commitment at Winsford and try to overcome that problem first !.

Back