• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

From bailiffs to Wembley

Really pleased to see Mark doing so well, he deserves it and i wish him and all the Fleetwood Town players all the best for the play off final tomorrow.

As for the opening part of the article I really opened my eyes at what really was going on even when we were in the Blue Square Premier, no player should ever do what Mark did it's just simply embarrassing for the club and the player.
I for one feels sorry for Mark and it makes it even more special for him to see him doing so well now.

Sadly the open paragraph was no surprise to me and doubtless no surprise to many more of the Northwich townsfolk.
However I think the focus of the article should be on a local boy (hopefully) doing good and no more than he deserves.

He says in the article it was 18 months before winning the FA Trophy at Stevenage. This was in the first season he joined which was Nov 2008, so would have been April 2009. So must have been October/November 2007 that the bailiffs were around, which meant that Connett was still in charge and would have been just before Rushe came to save the day on his steed :(:(

Back