• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Formby vs 1874 Match Thread

Ben

Too much time on my hands
Politics 5
Jul 28, 2013
Proud of the boys today - we may have drew but they gave it everything. Both teams were understandably tense and I think the fear of losing took precedent over winning.

Going into the last two games, it may not be in our own hands but we can only do our bit and win our last two remaining games and hope Formby slip up against one of Holker and Atherton Collieries. I for one still believe we can achieve this promotion and if we don't, then it's still been a fantastic first season.

The support and following were absolutely brilliant today as well - it made me extremely proud of what the management, lads and fans have achieved. Keep the faith!

Naturally disappointed (as I'm sure were the players & fellow 1874 fans) that we didn't snatch a decisive winner today. Seemed again to be a bit tense along with the unpredictable playing surface didn't help things. Marvellous support today; I'm not sure the old club would've taken many more in similar circumstances.

Positives - we kept a clean sheet and we're still in the hunt, albeit dependent on the efforts of other clubs. And .... perhaps more importantly, we still all own our very own club :scarf: If it doesn't happen this year, next year, older and wiser as a club, we'll surely grab our chance of glory;) COY1874

Negatives - there are none! We as fans control the destiny of the club, not an individual owner, not an FA panel or a league committee.

Heard a new song murmured on the terrace yesterday
we are 74 ...... 1874
say we are 74 ....... 1874
thought it was quite good, hope it catches on, perhaps drum man could help encourage it

Heard a new song murmured on the terrace yesterday
we are 74 ...... 1874
say we are 74 ....... 1874
thought it was quite good, hope it catches on, perhaps drum man could help encourage it

Sounds good that does must be clever who thought that up :)

How about?....

All we want is a Team of Matty Wards
A team of Matty Wards, a team of Matty Wards (x2)

For me player of the season by a mile.... Conkie / Brandon 2nd and 3rd (no particular order)

Back