• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Fixture List

richard webb

I Live Here
Aug 7, 2013
I was just looking at the fixtures as given in Tuesday's programme and was somewhat surprised to see we have no fixtures planned between Feb 11 and Mar 18. Seems odd even allowing for the likely weather. I checked this on the club site and it agrees. Mind you it also has our lst game as Thursday 1st June which I strongly doubt!
ALso odd that New Mills is such a local game we get them home and away mid week!

I was just looking at the fixtures as given in Tuesday's programme and was somewhat surprised to see we have no fixtures planned between Feb 11 and Mar 18. Seems odd even allowing for the likely weather. I checked this on the club site and it agrees. Mind you it also has our lst game as Thursday 1st June which I strongly doubt!
ALso odd that New Mills is such a local game we get them home and away mid week!

Then again Richard, we've got he two games v West Didsbury & Chorlton - which is much closer than New Mills - both on a Saturday.
But there are reasons for this (i.e neither we or West are involved in the Vase tomorrow). All in all, I think the NWCFL do a pretty fine job of arranging the fixtures.

1st June is where we stick all the games that are to be arranged :)

Then again Richard, we've got he two games v West Didsbury & Chorlton - which is much closer than New Mills - both on a Saturday.
But there are reasons for this (i.e neither we or West are involved in the Vase tomorrow). All in all, I think the NWCFL do a pretty fine job of arranging the fixtures.
And of course for New Mills being out on a bit of a limb we may be one of their nearer opponents after the Manchester teams. You are dead right about the NWCFL - I believe without the help of computer programmes?

Not sure I think of the town of my birth as being out on a limb, though we got out before I was 2. Auntie Mavis' house almost overlooks the ground. ;)

Back