• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Fixture list

DJgreensfan

Aug 18, 2013
Can anyone tell me why Leek play 3 games in 3 days this week, Rochdale play their last 4 games of the season mon - thurs next week (Nelson on the Thursday!) but Formby play bank hol Monday then nothing until the Saturday when they play Colls? Why wasn't this game on the Thursday like everyone elses???

Assuming this is down to cancellations and rescheduled matches having to be completed by the league dictated end of season... assuming Formby have played their games and not had the impact on their schedule because of the weather....

Does seem a bit bonkers tbh!....

Suspect Formby v Colls was a standard scheduled Saturday fixture which nobody has thought to tamper with amidst the chaos of all the weather-induced fixture changes. Not ideal, I agree, but ...

As I understand it, all the fixtures scheduled for next Thursday are rearranged games which fell foul of the weather. The original fixture list had us wrap things up on Easter Monday, whereas Formby v Colls was always going to be the final day of the season, so no change in that respect. Unfortunately because of groundsharing issues for a lot of clubs, we were never going to have a grand Sky Sports style "Super Saturday" anyway. Win at Victoria Park (quite apt in some respects perhaps) on Saturday and the issue of when Formby sign off for the season might just be academic - here's hoping :scarf:

As to clubs playing three or four games in a week just so the fixtures are completed on time, well obviously that situation is bordering on the ridiculous and doesn't really put the competition in the best of lights. An unavoidable situation? Could it have been handled differently or more flexibly? Moot points perhaps, but certainly something the League committee in conjunction with the various FA's should at least discuss further? Who knows we could've had a situation this season where one of the promotion contenders needed one more point than their rivals playing against opposition who we're facing their fifth game of the week. It won't fortunately come to that (I think) ... just!

Simple fact, the FA refused to extend the league,end of, their fault, another example of the ruling body not seeing sense when lower leagues are concerned. Personal opinion but I will not sit on the fence over this, bloody ridiculous.

Back