• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

FA Vase Semi Final Draw

Took a look at the highlights and spoke to some neutrals and Vics were distinctly second best, even against 10 men until the deflected goal went in. They certainly had lady luck on their side that day but rest assured their luck will run out.

Took a look at the highlights and spoke to some neutrals and Vics were distinctly second best, even against 10 men until the deflected goal went in. They certainly had lady luck on their side that day but rest assured their luck will run out.

So, if lady luck continues to shine on your former club - the question is - "Will you do the Community thing and go to Wembley to support them?"
GE

So, if lady luck continues to shine on your former club - the question is - "Will you do the Community thing and go to Wembley to support them?"
GE
Personally, no.
If they reach the final, they have my congratulations. Reaching this stage of a national competition is a tremendous achievement.

Absolutely not, personally I wish that they have no success at all. That may be seen to be bitter, harsh, narrow minded or many other things. I’d even go as far to say I’d rather Witton success than Vics ????

Last edited:
Will you be going Mr G?.Maybe you could car share with CJ.

Last edited:
GE

(1) I do not see them as my former club. That club died. This is a new incarnation with which I have no personal connection.
(2) If they as a supposed fan-owned club want to follow the path of trying to buy success (eg by drafting players in from elsewhere), that has little of the local "Community" about it and I do not see why the local "Community" should feel the need to support them. I for one will not.

When working "dahn sarf" some year ago I did watch Chertsey FC at some of their home games, I seem to recall that they were a "feeder" club for I seem to recall was Fulham so any game against them will be hard !.

GE
Graham, Your post raises a number of issues and I have pondered over whether or not to go to Wembley if they get there. I think most 1874 fans are well aware of "the Community thing" and are content that we are doing the right thing in most of our dealings. The same cannot be said of NVFC . They say that they are a community club, fan based etc, What evidence is there that they have taken the necessary steps to achieve this ? There is a complete lack of clarity over their finances and , as a fan based club, inter alia, annual accounts should be available for scrutiny. Don't forget that the club was until recently, in all likelihood, being kept afloat by dodgy finances from a convicted druggie. Perhaps it is different now and I'm sure that there is a number of good Vics fans working towards getting things right. They must demonstrate that they really have abandoned the sins of the past and root out the thuggish, disrespectful and bullying behaviour of some of their support. What these people cannot understand is that 1874 was formed by a democratic decision when it became clear that the way in which Vics was being run could not be supported by genuine football fans.
I think that, on balance, attending a final at Wembley is a step too far at present. I have enjoyed many years of watching football locally at all the local clubs and bought many raffle tickets from you at Witton matches. What a pity that the dubious actions of a number of purported football supporting people at Vics and Witton have soured the local scene so much that genuine football supporters will consider turning their backs on such a big day.

Back