• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Davenham -v- 1874 Northwich Cricket Match 19/06/2016

Halvo1874

Legend
Aug 4, 2013
As already posted on our official website, and in case anybody doesn't know, our annual friendly cricket match with Davenham Cricket Club has been arranged for Sunday 19 June 2016.

I still need 4 or 5 crickeeters to sign up for our team this year. Can Andy Lowe, Will Hughes and anybody else interested in playing in this match this year make contact with me before the weekend - either by sending me a PM on the Forum or contacting the club telephone number.

Mike Brandon and Jack Woolley have agreeed to play in the team this year. The match will be sponsered by Eddie Philiips.

Last year's game was a very enjoyable social event. We will be having a BBQ this year. Everybody connected with 1874 are sure to be made very welcome at Davenham Cricket Club. Your support for this sporting and social event would be very much appreciated. Hopefully the weather will be fine and sunny on the day.

Gary Halvorsen

We need one more player to join the 74 team against Davenham on Sunday. If you want the chance to play in the same team as Mike Brandon and Jack Woolley, plus other talented Greens, please let us know asap!!

The annual Cricket Challange match between Davenham Cricket Club and 1874 will start at 2 pm on Sunday this weekend, weather permitting. The venue is at Davenham Cricket Club. Eddie Philips has very kindly offered to sponsor the game and there will be a trophy to play for.

There will be a BBQ with all proceeds to go to the club. Please come and support this event and the 1874 team. I am hoping that some of our football team will be there to give their support. The 1874 team will be:

Mike Brandon
Jack Woolley
Will Hughes
Callum Waters
Alan Webb
James Wood
John Coates
Alex Dickinson
Oliver Dickinson
Gary Halvorsen
Tom Halvorsen

Davenham Cricket club are a most welcoming club and they serve very good beer. The bar has a large screen in case anybody is interested in watching the football after the game.

Hope to see you all there - it should be a fun day.

Gary

Last edited:
Just want to add a personal note of thanks to all who took part in the game yesterday for 1874. As a team, we played ever so well and it was a pity that the bad weather won the day. Thank you to Eddie Philips for sponsoring the game. Thank you to Simon for umpiring, to Callum's mum for scoring and to Toddy for running the raffle . Finally a bIg thank you to Stuart Woolley for manning the BBQ. The cricket match with Davenham is now an annual event that we at 1874 can all look forward to, in the off season. Hopefully the game next year will be blessed with much better weather. Gary

1874 Cricket 2016.jpg

There is a brief match report on the club website. Team picture attached

Back row (l-r) Mike Brandon, Olly Dickinson, James Wood, Gary Halvorsen, Callum Waters, Will Hughes, Jack Woolley
Front row (l-r) Alex Dickinson, Tom Halvorsen, John Coats, Alan Webb

1874 Cricket 2016.jpg

Back