• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Damien Departure

If an ‘old school’ manager wants the job then I’m
sorry if he doesn’t want to put himself through the same selection process as the other candidates then he’s probably not understood the ethos and principles of ‘74 and as such I’d argue that he’d probably not be an ideal candidate anyhow - whatever his track record.

At such times I always remind myself of the mantra that our much loved and sorely missed first Chairman used to say.

“We are 1874 and we do things the right way”. 💚🖤💚🖤
sorry if he doesn’t want to put himself through the same selection process as the other candidates then he’s probably not understood the ethos and principles of ‘74 and as such I’d argue that he’d probably not be an ideal candidate anyhow - whatever his track record.

At such times I always remind myself of the mantra that our much loved and sorely missed first Chairman used to say.

An ‘old school’ manager may for example, not be computer literate …We need to be careful and be as inclusive as possible. I wonder if Neil Warnock / Roy Hodgson applied for the Huddersfield / Palace jobs before they were appointed to keep their clubs from being relegated….which they did in style. NB’s huge experience, reputation, pedigree and respect throughout the football world is second to none… if he offered to manage us then in my opinion that is an application. We’ll have to agree to disagree on this James …..we all want the best for 74 and I think the adopted application process may at times limit our options and on this occasion may well have have cost us our NPL status. Lower crowds, admission income and a change in league geography next season is a real possibility….I hope our club can survive and quickly bounce back but it won’t be easy by a distance.

An ‘old school’ manager may for example, not be computer literate …We need to be careful and be as inclusive as possible. I wonder if Neil Warnock / Roy Hodgson applied for the Huddersfield / Palace jobs before they were appointed to keep their clubs from being relegated….which they did in style. NB’s huge experience, reputation, pedigree and respect throughout the football world is second to none… if he offered to manage us then in my opinion that is an application. We’ll have to agree to disagree on this James …..we all want the best for 74 and I think the adopted application process may at times limit our options and on this occasion may well have have cost us our NPL status. Lower crowds, admission income and a change in league geography next season is a real possibility….I hope our club can survive and quickly bounce back but it won’t be easy by a distance.
I think focusing on past mistakes now won’t help. We can’t afford to go into another winnable game at the weekend without a manager in my opinion. I’m hoping the board have this in hand.

We’ve been spoilt previously with loyal management teams, we need this again but someone whose ambition matches our own and someone who can fully understand what stands our club apart. The club needs to return to that, but what’s key now is timing before we get too far down the rabbit hole. My message would be act and act fast.

Back