• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Clarification re our Social media changes, our current badge, crest and playing kit

Brian

Legend
1874 Official
Aug 3, 2013
I think it is necessary to briefly explain what has been happening today and what is to happen in the future.

Following an excellent presentation initially to the 1874 Board and then last month at the Supporters meeting at Lostock Social Club it was agreed that John Darcy and Ashley Dobell - two 1874 supporters together with a couple of other volunteers would take their ideas further and the Board gave their approval to allow them to introduce certain images re 1874 that would enhance our social media presence going forward.

It was agreed that the announcing of new players signing on for 1874 would be an ideal introduction and this has started to happen today - as 1st July is the earliest date for registering players.

The initial reaction to what the guys had produced was excellent and your Board feels sure that further benefits that develop over the ensuing months will also be well received.

However, please be assured that the current badge/crest for 1874 Northwich FC will continue to be used on all 1874's playing strips, replica shirts and other merchandise for the coming season.

That said, there may well be the necessity in the future to seek members views as to whether our playing strip(s) colours and/or the badge that goes with these items should change.

I trust that this clarifies what has happened and would ask that you pass this information on to any fellow 1874 supporters who may not visit this forum

Thank you

Brian Edge

All well and good Brian, but I cannot help but feel this will confuse rather than clarify. I think the sooner the board organises a vote on the rebranding, the better. I for one would want the new badge across the board. Not half and half.

Will have to agree with that chubbs I'm confused as fan God help any potential new fans

I'd rather see the new badge on kits etc straight away.
Much better than old one and easier to distinguish from the other lots badge!
Agreed vote needed sooner rather than later!

Reactions: Ben
Thank you Brian for the update that's the great quality about this club fans not being kept in the dark so thanks again for taking the time in posting an explanation.

So its not a new crest, but it's a crest that's new and is where most people that interact with the club will see it?

I'm with Chubbs #confused

Get a vote out and get it used everywhere ASAP.

I would agree with trialing new polo shirts, however, it would be a waste of money to bin the teams existing shirts this season imo.

The kits for the coming season obviously won't be changed so to start using a new crest on social media (that hasn't been voted in yet) is just pointless and confusing, if we are going to have an image rebrand (not a fan of the idea personally) then it needs to be done on everything at the same time (match kits, social media, programs etc)

Get the new crest on everything. If we're going to run with this new branding, it has to be 100% now just Facebook. It's a brilliant idea, that need implementing

The one consistent thread in talking to members of the public about our Club today was the almost universal belief that we are Northwich Vics.

These are not football fans who know the story but ordinary people who live in Northwich.

After today my opinion is lets re-brand ourselves as quickly as possible.

Any changes to the badge and/or colour and style of the kit wont be done until next season (if people even vote to change) so this season should be focused on getting kids involved with the club as much as possible and forget the image rebranding until next season imo

Any changes to the badge and/or colour and style of the kit wont be done until next season (if people even vote to change) so this season should be focused on getting kids involved with the club as much as possible and forget the image rebranding until next season imo
Involving youth is major part of our ongoing plans.
Would love to have your help and hear your ideas.
Come see me at a match and we can chat.

Agree that any rebranding should be wholesale rather than piecemeal, but also share the view that as it is quite a big change there ought to be consultation - especially as there was consultation on the original crest etc.

How much is a team kit? That also has to be a factor.

Back