• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Charnock Richard today’s match

Briswa

Legend
Aug 9, 2015
Some performance today. Wonderful fast attacking football and great defending when required on an excellent pitch.
Should have been comfortably in front at half time but finishing not quite clinical enough. But how they made up for it in a scintillating second half display.
Could have been more except for excellent goalkeeping from Charnock Keeper and 4 shots against the woodwork.
Pretty much best opening games I’ve seen from us since we started. Oh I do hope it continues as it’s great to watch.

Very good again.

So many goal scorers in this team.

Harry Cain had an instant impact yet again, had the left back in his pocket.

Not many teams will go to Charnock and win, let alone hammer them 5-0!

absolutely brilliant and great to watch, lets hope we get the crowd the team and performances deserve on Tuesday.

Don't forget Grimshaw still scores loads of goals. Mitch and Jonah never gave him a sniff today, they were brilliant. Fantastic second haf performance with three of the cheekiest goals I have seen (Taylor nutmegging the goalie and the defender, Nathan slowly passing the ball right into the corner and Callum with a wonderful lob also into the corner).

Charnock don’t lose often, and very rarely at home. That was some performance, should have been leading going in to half time, but the second half performance was incredible.

10-0+ would not have flattered us, superb lads.

On to Irlam at Townfield on Tuesday night, your support would be very much appreciated!

Forgot to do my usual comments! A few days later but here goes.

Wow what a second half! Pretty even for first 20 mins or so with their long balls up to the front men giving us a few last ditch challenges to make. Mitch and Jonah though coped really well and looked quite secure. A shame Mitch went off as I thought he was doing really well, however Jonah carried the good work on in the second half when granted there certainly was nowhere the threat of the first half.

After the first 20 mins or so we came more into the game and had good chances to take the lead but it wasn't to be. I thought Mike Koral was impressing on the wing but Taylor didn't seem quite on the ball. He certainly upped it in the second half though!

As mentioned above a shame Mitch went off but boy did it give us more of an attacking threat. Harry Cain changed the game for me and galvanised the rest of the team. His run for the first goal set the tempo for the rest of the half and with Jake in such fine form it was fitting that the finishing touches fell to him. Two good cameo appearances from Nathan and Callum was the icing on the top with two great goals.

A word for Scotty who again tried his heart out but it just wasn't his day. Goals will come for him I am sure because he is getting into the positions to finish.

It is so refreshing to see us going forward with pace and attacking the opposition before they have time to settle. For me this is the biggest difference from last season where we were passing (the buck) around the edge of the area waiting for the perfect pass.

A great performance and long may they continue. See everyone tonight!!

So would you change the starting line ups for tonight?

I would love to see Harry and Nathan start.....

Back