• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Cammell Laird

Stephen Allen-Gurr

I Live Here
Jul 29, 2013
If we don't get promotion this season, then it looks that we may have a new team (if my count back is correct) to do battle with.

"Following a meeting of the NPL board on Sunday 13th April a letter from Cammell Laird Football Club requesting that they be relegated to Step 6 of the NLS at the end of the 2013-2014 season was accepted.

A letter from Wakefield FC requesting that they be relegated to Step 5 of the NLS at the end of season 2013-2014 season was also accepted.

The League would treat both clubs as filling the two relegation places (21st and 22nd) in the NPL Division One North at the end of season 2013-2014 in accordance with FA regulations."

It'll all come down to the FA committee that sorts out the allocation of places for all the respective leagues throughout the country. Some of them will no doubt be logical, others surprising and some totally nonsensical I'm sure. I think Laird were originally seeking West Cheshire League level. Whether this has changed or others have just speculated because there is room in NWCL Division One? Highly likely Wakefield will find themselves in the NECL. And then of course there's Vauxhall Motors to ponder too; where will they go I wonder?

Tez, I believe that Vauxhalls requested to be placed at step 7, so Cheshire League for them. Would have been good to have them in NWCL though.

I've seen people mention there being a midland league at step 2

Back