• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Bootle tonight

Halvo1874

Legend
Aug 4, 2013
I thought we were the better team tonight and very unlucky not to get the winning goal at the end.

Listening to the updates tonight it sounded we were the better side just not taken our chances mixed feelings about this result beforehand definitely would of taken a point with Bootle home record which is excellent just a shame we couldn't find the winner the gap could be 5 points between us and top spot tomorrow.

I think that's as good as we have played this season,we totally out played them in the first half,in the second they came a bit more in the game but we still had the better chance's,we hit the inside of the post and had several shot's just wide and that last second chance right along the line.Well played lads great entertainment.Is this a record three brother's on the pitch at the same time on the same side.

Cracking game. Every player gave 100% and kept pressing right up until the final whistle. Only thing missing was a goal.
Keep at it, the goals will come.
Two cracking saves from Greg.

Though we were unlucky not to win tonight, certainly the better side; however, once again Greg pulled of two (if not three) fantastic saves to keep us in the game.... one of the best 0-0 games I have seen for a while!

A top performance by the lads, went at Bootle with our pressing game and kept possession well. The whole team played very well, special mention to Jack Lever, the lads 18? And he looked like he's been a part of our starting 11 for years. Class performance from the lad. Russell as usual on the other side was brilliant. Both centra halves were solid and Greg pulled off some great saves. Just thought the forward line needed a bit more luck, an example was when McGowans strike hit the post and landed straight in the keepers arms.

On to Friday, bring on Blackpool...

WOW!! Give me a game like that every week please!!

Thought we probably deserved more than the point having most of the possession again but having said that a couple of cracking saves from Greg saved us. With more luck in front of goal we could have won this. And I do say luck because there were no really bad misses just good efforts and there is a difference.

Need to mention a few names now. MoM Matty Russell without a doubt, his determination and quality were immense as usual but last night he really did stand out. Chappie first half was ten feet tall and his penetrating runs were causing Bootle lots of problems. Already mentioned Greg but when needed last night he pulled off some crackers. Matt Wooley did really well driving the team also, a good captains performance. The forwards worked hard all game but were caught offside too often.I thought Joe Wooley when he came on showed that given half a chance he will shoot, which is what we want. The young full back, Lever, did well on his debut, until he got injured towards the end. Could mention a few more because it was a great all round performance.

Just one other baffling thing though, why was their goalkeeper wasting time? Even in the first half he was taking an age to take goal kicks. Surely they wanted to win it as much as us? Strange!

See you Friday remember!

I have had time to reflect a bit more about the Bootle game last night. What was pleasing about the game last night was the intensity of play that was shown by our team right from kick off to the final whistle. I agree that it was a very entertaining 0 - 0 draw up against a very good Bootle team. Greg showed last night that he is the best shot stopper in the league and I agree that Matty Russell was absolutely supberb last night. The same can be said for all our players, but the trick is now is to carry on playing with the same level of intensity and we will start scoring a hatful of goals, hopefully starting with Blackpool on Friday.

A quick word about Streety. We should all appreciate what a good manager we have in Streety. He is very passionate about our club. He has now assembled a very strong squad and his ambition for the club is demonstrated by the recent signing of 2 players from a higher level with the club's full support I would add. I am sure that under his management, the team will be challenging for the title at the end of the season. We might not end up being champions, but it will not be for the want of trying.

The top of the league is very tight between 5 teams and no team is guarenteed to win every game from now to the end of the season. Last night's game was very much about the performance of the team and not just about the result. A credible 0-0 draw at Bootle will be noted by the other teams in the league. Yes, we could have won the the game with a bit more luck in front of goal at the end of the game, but I cannot see the other top clubs in the league who have still to play Bootle away getting a win or even a draw against them.

See you all on Friday. Gaz.

When I saw 0-0 I was really pleased I had chosen to go to a meeting in Manchester. Now, I am not so sure! Great to read long praising comments after a scoreless draw - the support surely the team needs!

Yes good performance and maybe could have won but could have lost but for Greg
Yes keeper wasting time from early on
Decent following as well
See you all friday

It was a very good game for a 0-0, unlike the one that's currently on Sky right now.

We looked the better side during the game, created some great chances and on another night one of those chances would've gone in. Greg didn't have a save to make during the first half, but made sure we wouldn't end up on the losing side with some great saves there.

Joe Woolley looked impressive when he came. Gave us something different and threatening going forward, you could tell the defenders were terrified of him with the way they were backing off him, allowing him to have a couple of shots and move the ball on to a teammate around the box.

Overall, I was quite pleased with the performance, probably our best of the season in my opinion. Nice to see a good following from our lot as well.

As I think Gary said above, it's all about putting in this type of performance consistently now and that starts with AFC Blackpool on Friday.

Last night's match v @Bootle_FC was the Club's 100th in the @nwcfl Premier Division.
61 wins
21 losses
18 draws
215 scored
117 conceded

And as Simmo said most of the managers he has ever interviewed would kill for that record.
Well done Ian and the team.

FFS Steve, was there any need for that!:banghead Especially after a great performance against a side who have dispatched Runcorn Town and Colls at home this season. I despair!
Chris, I really do believe we could go and win the league and get promotion and some fans would still find fault in Streety!

Wasn't it cracking to see 3 Northwich brothers in the team? They all did really well.

I've watched the Manchester Derby tonight. I am United through and through and enjoyed seeing them beat the noisy neighbours however I have to say, it wasn't a patch on our game at Bootle. The entertainment value watching the Greens was a heck of a lot higher than that overpaid lot tonight!

Roll on Friday night lights!

Back