• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Bootle today

Edge

Administrator
Forum Staff
5 Game Player
Jun 24, 2013
A point gained or two lost?

I thought the 4-4-2 worked pretty well to start with, although Wardy wasn't close to being fit & I'm not sure Loius James is a full-back. He might be a decent wing back but he had a mare this afternoon.

I thought Stu Wellstead was man of the match. It's not often we've played him upfront, and with a strike partner but I thought he had a great game.
Ryan Jackson did well first half but we never seemed to get the ball out to the right hand side in the second half for some reason.

Bootle are 4th so I don't think there's much between a lot of the teams in the league this year. Colne being the possible exception.

Another thought game coming up on Tuesday against inform Runcorn Town.

Wellstead was my man of the match too. Thought he partnered well with Brandon, and 4-4-2 definitely seems more stable than 4-3-3.

The way we've been playing, a point is a good result, but the bottom line is, i feel like we should be winning home games like that.

New players needed ASAP

A good game today. Thought the lads thoroughly deserved their equaliser. Agree that Welstead gave us something different up front today and was MoM, we threatened their defence all the game. Stu Tulloch really does work hard and encourages all around him which is nice to see.

Again some poor mistakes at the back were costly.

See you Tuesday

Thought we were second best again today and not as good as Bootle. I agree that changes need to be made, too many players are either not good enough or off form.

A good battling point against one of the better sides in this league. Not going to complain with that, it stops the rot! I don't think Bootle were better than us either.

Last edited:
Don't agree that they were better, as I think a draw was a fair result. We were much the better team early doors and I think that their first goal was against the run of play. Both pens were dubious and I wondered if the ref gave theirs to even things up. Their striker was clinical with his finishing but we struggled defensively. We really need our centre halves fit as we have shown that we need that consistency that we have had for the last couple of years that has made us hard to break down.

Thought their no.9 was the stand out player. Probably only playing for Bootle today as he's cup-tied so couldn't play for Witton - that's a guess by the way.
re the pens. Both looked pretty clear cut to me. My only doubt was if the foul for ours was in the box.

Agree about the 11. Hope @Chubbs caught it on video.

Foul was in the box and both were def. pens. Didn't catch the falling down incident as I was waiting for the free kick on half way.

As said Stu was a big welcome back today - **** knows what score it would've been without him.
We do need players in though - think everybody will agree with that.

Having just watched the video, can I just make the point about discipline. 4 cards for them and none for us I think. The falling down incident could well have snowballed but credit to the lads for making the point to the ref without getting too worked up and getting booked.

Good video again Chubbs by the way.

Back