• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Bootle today

Ben

Too much time on my hands
Politics 5
Jul 28, 2013
A similar story to most of our season being honest.

We did okay for about an hour and grabbed an equaliser but after they got the second, we crumbled I’m afraid with some good finishing from them aided by poor defending. Bootle’s superior attacking quality showed in the end. We again created very few chances.

I know we’re down and nothing to play for but it was another depressing watch I’m afraid and we are a real mess. Sooner the new manager can come in and hopefully sort things out for next season, the better.

I know we had little to play for other than pride but today’s showing was a prime example of why we are adrift at the foot of the table and have been relegated.
A glimmer of hope when we equalised but it only lasted a couple of minutes.
Can’t really think of anything positive to say ( fed up of saying we tried hard). Attack again pretty ineffective, midfield practically non existent and defence ok for a while but then capitulated towards the end. Goalkeeper made some good saves but had little chance with the goals.
An awful lot for any new manager to sort out. We certainly need better players and some direction and method. We are awful at present.
Another gloomy afternoon.

A few die hard 1874 fans at Bootle today. The lads battled hard for the first hour and were rewarded with a 2nd half equaliser. After that it all went downhill very quickly with some poor defending and Bootle deservedly went on to win the game quite easily. I understand that the soon to be announced new manager was at the game and he will have seen for himself that he will be tasked with a huge squad rebuilding job in the summer, otherwise I think that the current squad would struggle in the Midlands league next season. I cannot fault the lads for their effort today with nothing much to now play for this season, but without wanting to state the obvious, the simple truth of the matter is that the majority of the current squad are not good enough.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ben
Because he probably didn't go to the game i haven't interest in what a wit****r thinks.

Last edited:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

For anyone who wasn't there, we seem to have taken some tips from Newcastle Town with the long throw

A game In challenging conditions, the wind took the ball all over the place.

Despite the score line I felt 1874 didn’t deserve to lose the game 5-1. The work effort was there & we deservedly equalised early in the second half.

However poor defending cost 74 dearly and when Bootle has good attacking options like they do it was only a matter of time before they took advantage.

Another spanking
Says Mr State the bleeding obvious.

Interesting gate at WP today I thought. Granted Newcastle would have brought bugger all, but despite now being in the play offs and after a derby win the crowd was 400 less than Bank Holiday Monday.

I wonder where all those fans disappeared to?

And 500 less than your Chairman says you need to suppose NPL Premier Divided football 🤔

Reactions: Ben
Well 5-1 doesn't really tell the story of the game. I thought they just about shaded the first half and I'd have taken a 1-0 deficit at half time considering the massive advantage of the wind.

Again for the first 15 mins of the second half saw chances at either end with our keeper making some good saves. Our goal was from a Fenton long throw and unfortunately that signalled our demise. Even against the wind they created goals from breakaways that killed us off.

I think this was for an hour one of our better performances however the collapse was a similar story to previous games.

Yes the new manager was there and it will be fascinating to hear how he intends to change our fortunes.

See everyone soon. Keep the faith!!

Says Mr State the bleeding obvious.

Interesting gate at WP today I thought. Granted Newcastle would have brought bugger all, but despite now being in the play offs and after a derby win the crowd was 400 less than Bank Holiday Monday.

I wonder where all those fans disappeared to?

And 500 less than your Chairman says you need to suppose NPL Premier Divided football 🤔
4 clubs with higher gates and no doubt a load of free tickets to their kids teams.

Back