• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Barlick today

Chubbs

Too much time on my hands
Jul 30, 2013
Very disappointed with the attitude of the Barlick players in the second half today, I feel they took gamesmanship to new levels and the ref and his team were completely fooled by them. The sending off of Mitch was a complete fait accompli, with actions that could only be described as pre-meditated.
Not what I have come to expect from non-league footy - leave that to Robben and Pepe.

That said, a battling point against the odds in tough conditions even though they got a point they hardly deserved imo.

Very disappointed with the attitude of the Barlick players in the second half today, I feel they took gamesmanship to new levels and the ref and his team were completely fooled by them. The sending off of Mitch was a complete fait accompli, with actions that could only be described as pre-meditated.
Not what I have come to expect from non-league footy - leave that to Robben and Pepe

That said, a battling point against the odds in tough conditions even though they got a point they hardly deserved imo.

I thought we were very good first half and should have been out of sight really, Second half was a battling performance and showed the teams determination.
How the ref let some of their players walk away without yellows is beyond me, I won't say what I really thought he was but it doesn't do football any good.
Didn't see the mitch sending off so leave that to others, The guy who went down holding his face claiming an elbow should have been carded and be ashamed of himself.
Good following from the green army and good noise, pitch was also excellent after hours of rain.
see you all Tuesday.

I don't like to call referee's but to-days was totally incompetent.

The elbow in the face was their 12. The ref was not fooled but as he stopped play he should definitely have given him a card. Also why did Mtt Russell get a card? Because their 6 told him to?
Refereeing any game is not easy but he was conned once or twice by their players who should be ashamed of themselves. We were listening to the rugby on the way back and their refs kept the players in check.
Lastly, their 9 was lucky to get away with drawing Connor's blood - and Paul was lucky to get away with how he was "talking" to the ref. Understandable but silly.

Firstly great result by the boys. We really have got a good bunch now who will play football when they can and battle when they have to.

Secondly..the sad decease that is rife in top flight football is sadly working its way to all levels!!
Too many times I've seen the disgusting play acting in non league football.

Thirdly...presume Tuesday's match is now off as Winsford drew away in the cup and I've seen mentioned the replay is Tuesday.

Winsford play Monday meaning no clash with us, waiting for the League to confirm if they have any issues but suspect it's business as usual.

When we get to the end of the season and we have won the league by one point, we can look back on today and realise how hard we had to work for this one. Again a great effort from the lads in two contrasting halves. (I seem to be saying that quite often!)

What great football we witnessed in the first half culminating in a wonderful second goal. In atrocious conditions the team played some lovely stuff even though the opposition were content to frustrate,manipulate and down right flaunt the rules to stop us. They scored a good goal before half time to set up what everyone thought would be a good second half.

It started with the sending off of Mitch. Didn't see it so I'll leave it to others to comment on or wait for Bill's video. But this changed the game dramatically. They threw everything at us and eventually with our makeshift centre backs we cracked and they bundled in the equaliser. The lads continued to dig in and battled to take the point and could have won it with a couple of chances close to the end.

A couple of points here, firstly the attitude showed by the players today was first class and that will take us close come the end of the season. But secondly, like Toddy I don't usually comment on the officials, but all three today particularly the referee were not in control of the game. Some of the decisions were strange to say the least, but the way the referee was so inconsistent with his judgement of yellow cards and fouls was abysmal. Their players got away with so much without punishment.

See you all on Tuesday.

Thank god for that. Thought I was going to have to watch casualty instead!!! :(:(.
Blackie, there's nothing wrong with Casualty. One of my favourite programmes!! Anyway you'll be pleased to know that we can drag you away from the TV, Tuesday's game definitely goes ahead!

Did anyone see the Mitch sending off?? A fair decision?

Did anyone see the Mitch sending off?? A fair decision?

Wonder if Bill was fortunate enough to capture it on camera given it seems to have caught everyone else out?

Back