• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Barlick match day thread

Any reports from those who went?

Colne at home in the next round

first half was one way traffic and it could have been 6, Once their goalkeeper went off we were as poor as I have seen us, We never got going, Guessing around 100 made the trip.

First 30 minutes we were all over them, but after that was poor. No doubt if Barnoldwick had gotten an equaliser they'd have also got a winner. No doubt we'll be back to normal on Tuesday.

Though we were put under the cosh 2nd half yesterday and made individual errors for both their goals.... we were up against it towards the end and happy to take the win..... too easy after the first half, little lax maybe at the start of the 2nd half and then couldn't get going...??

Not sure what we expected 2nd half.... 3-0 down at half time they were always going to come at us.. we just didn't take control and hung on in the end..... on the whole great support again yesterday with a couple of very vocal dissenters which wouldn't have helped the team! however, on the whole the support was great....

Surprised to see Daley Woods back (let's leave that one there...) .... but great to see Razza back on the pitch.....

As i say, cup game, it's all about the result... so job done!

Very good 1st half, very poor 2nd half.

3 very good goals all from set plays and the team could of scored 3 or 4 more first half.

The 2 goals conceded were very poor. 1st one I'm not quite sure what McGrath and Matthew were trying to do? Gave Barnoldswick hope. McGrath didn't deal with the forward all game really and it gave then a foot hold in the second half. When is Thomas back?

Felt sorry for Matt Woolley been asked to play out of position again and he clearly wasn't comfortable. The sooner we get back to a back three of Mitchell Thomas and Duckworth the better.

Very surprised to see Woods back

To get to the next round was the ultimate aim and on the score well done to the team.

Very good 1st half, very poor 2nd half.

3 very good goals all from set plays and the team could of scored 3 or 4 more first half.

The 2 goals conceded were very poor. 1st one I'm not quite sure what McGrath and Matthew were trying to do? Gave Barnoldswick hope. McGrath didn't deal with the forward all game really and it gave then a foot hold in the second half. When is Thomas back?

Felt sorry for Matt Woolley been asked to play out of position again and he clearly wasn't comfortable. The sooner we get back to a back three of Mitchell Thomas and Duckworth the better.

Very surprised to see Woods back

To get to the next round was the ultimate aim and on the score well done to the team.
Anyone know what has happened with jones & Aston?

Highlights should be up by midnight. I have to say Ducks was unlucky not to get a hat-trick yesterday, hit the bar twice, as others have said could have been 6-1 at half time (Barlick missed a sitter too!). The turning point, surprisingly, was when their keeper went off - it seemed to galvanise them and we didn't seem to know how best to exploit the perceived weakness of a striker in goal! Had Chris Taylor (their goalie) stayed fit and I certainly don't mean this as a criticism of him, I think the score would have been more flattering to us. It was just the circumstance of his substitution that as I said galvanised them into action.
A terrific game for the neutral and a great advert for non-league football, most thrilling game I've seen this season! Phew!

I think that yesterday just edges it for me for the amount of chances (for both sides) and also for the fact that the ref was pretty much on the money yesterday (although I think maybe we had a shout for a penalty at 3-2!) so it was basically a slugfest between two committed teams - the proverbial game of two halves.

It's probably the worst 70 mins I have watched us play but luckily the first 20 mins we played well, how we couldn't test their striker/keeper was the bad part of the game, We all have bad days so to get through this game in one piece is a big plus. The other bad part of Saturday was their support in the stand, They were rude, swearing and taking the pee out of our team (especially Matt Conkie) and our supporters , even their supporters not in that stand was disgusted with their actions. I have always said we need some younger supporters , but after seeing their under 20s supporters maybe we are better off.

It's probably the worst 70 mins I have watched us play but luckily the first 20 mins we played well, how we couldn't test their striker/keeper was the bad part of the game, We all have bad days so to get through this game in one piece is a big plus. The other bad part of Saturday was their support in the stand, They were rude, swearing and taking the pee out of our team (especially Matt Conkie) and our supporters , even their supporters not in that stand was disgusted with their actions. I have always said we need some younger supporters , but after seeing their under 20s supporters maybe we are better off.

In all fairness, just because a group of 20 or so, young lads were misbehaving, doesn't mean that will happen if we start building up a group of fans under the age of 20 and we have plenty of wise people at our club that can put some people right if they're causing problems.

The game itself, well,a tale of two halves has probably been said enough, but that is what it was.

First half we played well, especially in the first 20 minutes. Second half, not so well. Once their keeper went off and a striker went in goal, I just knew we wouldn't test him much, seeing as it happens all the time up and down the country when that situation happens. Barlick will feel they should've got something from it and to be honest they should've forced it into extra time, which had they done, I reckon would've gone on to win it. A win's a win though and we're in the next round. On a side note, someone should've pointed the Barlick player to the rugby pitches after he blazed to shots about 10 yards over the bar within 5 minutes of each other!

I thought they wanted to swap shirts the number of times they had hold of our players.

Back