• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Away day catering/bar

Richard Stockton

I Live Here
1874 Official
Aug 3, 2013
Why does it seem to keep been a massive surprise to other clubs when 200-300 1874 fans tip up at their grounds.

AFC BLACKPOOL runs out of gas at the bar so they sell warm cans? Why does gas for the lagers go out of date?

ALSAGER tonight runs out of beer on draught, your lucky we have got some cans??
The ladies in their canteen seemed to be shocked at the numbers that turned up and run out.
I think someone got a frozen pie!

How do we get the word out that it's worth buying a few pies and get some more gas for the bar!

Other clubs seem to be missing out on a few penny's in the cothers?

I anticipate the only club to be geared up from previous visits will be congleton.

It's a fair point you'd think that some clubs would to make the extra money whilst our away support is so big!

I've wondered this a few times...

Especially Ashton Town, who both times we've been there they've stocked barely any food and wont serve it until half time - they're missing out on a lot of money there.

When I confirm games with our opponents, I mention that we are well supported and more often than not, will advise that additional programmes and pies will be snapped up. I don't usually mention beer!! I used to estimate that we would have at least 100 supporters following us, however we have seen in the first two away games, double that number and more. Amazing!

I will make sure that I continue to communicate this message to our opponents.

You'd think they'd do their own research on the crowds we're attracting home and away...

To be fair,looking at it from the other clubs point of view, if they were to order an extra 100 pies or so and they don't sell for whatever reason then they lose out.Similarly with their bars Gas can run out at any time so as long as they DO have back ups ie cans then I don't see the problem.

I know the set up well at Ashton Town and they very rarely have beer on draft now because they don't sell that much and so cans is their answer

Of course when we are playing at Winsfored all seems to be ok - beer wise!

To be fair,looking at it from the other clubs point of view, if they were to order an extra 100 pies or so and they don't sell for whatever reason then they lose out.

That's the quandary I have, I don't want to over egg the situation and then they lose out. Our following has been incredible, I can only tell the opposition how it has been and then it's their call whether they put more pies on!

Reactions: Tez
Getting the food right isn't hard to get right, it's just needs a bit of kitchen management, it's not rocket science.
A well stocked freezer, food ready to go at half time and cook to order, it's a basic production line, simples.

Back