• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Attendances

TimBen1874

Administrator
Jun 24, 2013
Iv seen a lot of teams offer free admitance for games recetly (nelson, macc town) was thinking maybe we should try it for easter monday and have a celebration of our season? I dont think as many would go on a thursday for HOB amd widnes at home on a bank holiday seems a good idea?

Presumably a "pay what you want" offer? I agree the idea would be a nice 'thank you' to the regulars. Or could we offer it for the rearranged Leek CSOB game? Not being that money-grabbing, but a Bank Holiday crowd is usually bigger anyway, and it might encourage a few more to come down to a mid-week rearranged match squeezed in wherever it is squeezed in (presuming we have a week of dry weather before that game ;) )

Personally I'd go for Leek or for the last game of the season as a fitting gesture. (Maybe that will be one and the same game)

Sorry Tim I can not agree with you on free admission to any game,our club needs all the funds it can raise to make us as successful as possible.And don't forget the cost of putting on a game(ie ground rent,officials,).

Most of 'the regulars' will have already paid [ season ticket holders ]
Maine Road would be the obvious match but Cup gate receipts are probably shared, so a share of nothing would not go down to well with the league and opposition!

I think you'd find you'd possibly make more money off "pay what you want". We'd still pay as normal, and a lot of people coming down for the first timers would still pay something, buy a 50/50 ticket and buy food and drink. So if not now, definitely something to think about when we have our own ground, we'd make a killing behind the bar.

Back