• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Atmosphere

Jack Owen

Too much time on my hands
Aug 4, 2013
Last Wednesday, I attended the Meet The Manager evening at Lostock Club, the only thing that I noticed that Ian wanted from US is that we bang the drum and create a noise at the game, as he believes it really gets the team going.

I am not exactly the most loud and outspoken person, quite shy really, even I would sing, I really do think that we should be all together at matches and make a noise, chants can be copied and changed from other clubs, surely we all know some ourselves.

Just putting it out there, lets not rush in to it, but we can work on it.

Thoughts?

Its difficult to generate atmosphere sometimes, especially at BS. The crowd is spread along 2 sides, but little at the ends due to design. We dont want to crowd everyone in one area and leave spaces around the touchline, but groups generate chants, not so easy in lines.
Even MUFC have had to resort to creating a singing section to get the crowd going.maybe we need to organise something on these lines, but its not easy.
I think the drum helps, but in the confines of Winsfords covered area it can be a bit over powering.

I'd be up for getting an atmosphere going. If at the Flixton V*lla game all those who want to join in chanting meet outside the club shop before the game to decide where to stand and who will play the drum etc? Would enough be up for this?

Very much endorse the importance of vocal support for the Team - It makes a good deal of difference for both players and Fans - the more people who vocalise leads to more people (Less vocal fans) joining in. Also think the use of Flags/Banners is a good visual encouragement. Can someone develop a few 1874 chants?

I've got a few ideas for some 1874 chants we could use, they are all simple but a starting point. Is anybody going to play the drum tonight?

Only 2 from cheshire oaks massive in attendance, I am not a drum player but love giving the vocal

Back