• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

ANNOUNCEMENT

Pete

I Live Here
Jul 27, 2013
All the fans of Witton, and both fans of vics, are pleased to announce the engagement of their offsprings Albion and Victoria.

The wedding will be held at Wincham Park in August and guests are requested to wear the colour red in respect to Witton shirts and NVFC accounts.

The families look forward to a future inextricably linked and lived under the motto of 'What we have today will be yours tomorrow'.

The ban(ns) were read at the insolvency court in 2014.

Suggestions for the wedding gift list?

Your starter for 20,000...

receipt.jpg

Witton cannot lose in this deal the way it is setup the worst that can happen is they fold, we go back to owning and playing on our ground and cut cloth accordingly which as a prudent club we do.

Here's some advice on Due Diligence.

JRFC Accounts as at October 2014 was MINUS £267,000.
Consider this, they had no debt when they exited administration in 2011 because they never paid 1p of the agreed 36p in the £ to creditors under the CVA.
http://www.northwichguardian.co.uk/sport/10296409.Official_receiver_promises_answers/
JRFC 2004 is still in liquidation

Current Income =
Gates 100 x £7 = £700/match (Estimated and inflated)
Cafe = £200/match (Estimated)

Out goings =
Squad wages £3,000/week (Estimated £144,000/year)
Rent £600/week (Estimated over a 9 month playing season would equal £21,600/year)

£900 - £3,600 = MINUS £2,700

I think Witton should have used a calculator to form part of their due diligence instead of relying on a lie detector.

Last edited:
That's only you're one eyed and rather bitter view, we have constructed a business deal to suit our club and ensure its future and development, it could have been with 1874 you chose not to do so, we have caveats to protect our club also. You do not know where Vics money is coming from anymore than I do - I can only assume it is coming from individuals still connected with them it is not our job to police them we are here to run our club. No loss of self respect in our club as I can see.

As a Witton fan brought up to dislike anything green, at first i wasnt happy about the groundshare but seeing some of the stuff written on here and Social media im now all for it just to keep you lot annoyed and bitter, Maybe you should be questioning the people running your club for lacking ambition as i know for a fact that Mark spoke to both Vics and 74 about a groundshare!

Can't help but feel that the wittoners are desperate to stir sh*t on here in some kind of attempt to get us over there to make it financially viable?

Last edited:
C.J.if your remark about being one eyed is aimed at me,it is very accurate (as you are).I was a one eyed Vics fan for over 50 years and probably watched more games home and away than most.The final straw for me was when we were told by a certain person at a open meeting that he could not see him being able to fund the club through the next season,we all know what's happened since then,you may not be bothered where the fund's come from but I was.So good luck in your ground share but remember mud sticks.

On balance, I've moved it to "Other Footy", as it focuses primarily on two other clubs.
May I take the opportunity to wish them every happiness together. Can I have a slice of the cake?

Hells bells they are touchy aren't they? I'm always suspicious of any organisation that cannot cope with humour, it usually means they are coming from a position of weakness!
It wasn't meant to start a serious thread but if it's turning that way let me put my view.

First of all it's a newsworthy topic that touches all 3 clubs practically or emotionally so everyone has an opinion and some are very strongly held.

I can only look at Witton from an outsider's perspective based on local news, gossip and forums. When you sift through the dross and PR some things do leap out at you.
Firstly given Mark Harris's good reputation locally and the reputation NVFC has in the town plus the position Mark holds in the league and bearing in mind the recent dealings of NVFC with footballing authorities, it is interesting to see WAFC getting into bed with NVFC. Mark has certainly played a big part in helping to get NVFC back into town for which, I suspect, NVFC fans will be grateful. I notice from posts on here and on the WA forum that it is now being labelled 'for development' purposes. This seems a contradiction to a few weeks ago when you seemed to be in a big rush to get players off the wage bill at the possible cost of relegation. Now it's a rushe of a different kind. (Matt/CJ - that was a joke).
WA have had the town to themselves for 3 years now with no noticeable gain. That's not a criticism of WA - more an illustration of what any of the local clubs face in trying to attract new people and money.
I don't think you had any choice but to accept NVFC because you need the money and because 1874 are not yet stable enough or at a level where they can commit to that money.

NVFC going bust? I don't think so any more. If that was going to happen it would have happened by now. Whatever the source of the money it doesn't look like drying up any time soon. So NVFC have got their feet under the table with a 3 year deal. Are WA going to find money to replace the rent NVFC will be paying in 3 years time? Probably not (but football is an uncertain business as we have all found out over the last 30 years) so it is likely they will have become dependent on it and I'm sure I don't need to spell out the risks that poses. However, 1874 should be in a more predictable position by then so you may have a choice. I'm sure Mark Harris would much prefer to deal with 1874 than NVFC so it may see them moving out of town again?

1874 being ready to move now is a more difficult call. Personally I lean towards the current 'slow but sure' approach that will see us finding both our playing level and financial level over the next 2-3 seasons and then making decisions around what is possible and available at that point. The risk the other way is not being able to move on if we 'outgrow' Winsford and looking back and thinking 'we should have...'. Putting aside all local rivalry the one thing that can be said for WAFC is that after your meltdown in the 90's you have run things well financially and that remains my preference for 1874. The fact you need money now despite that prudence further reinforces my 'low risk' approach.

I think WAFC have bought time but the dependence on NVFC will pose a serious threat in 2 - 2 1/2 years when the deal is running out. I think Rushe is biding his time, with money in reserve, and he will remain very interested in what happens off the field at WAFC and what the (he who shall not be named) shareholder lurking from the past wants.

If there is one thing all this further reinforces it is the feeling that in the long term local clubs have to find a way to live together and work together whilst sustaining the rivalry that helps feed interest in local football.

Enough of being serious, is it true your stand is being renamed the The Rushe Stand'?

WAFC/JRFC rent negotiations

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Back