• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Andy Simpson Interview with Brian Pritchard

Atticus Finch

Legend
Aug 2, 2013
http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/inter...still-to-be-broken-in-football-pritchard.html

Have to say that although he was manager of Witton, I always had a massive admiration for Pritch and this frank and open interview with Andy about the pressures that being a manager of a non-league club brings further confirms to me that he is one top bloke.

It also brings it home how much hard work and dedication that managers, coaches and backroom staff at all non league clubs put in.

I'm sure that most would say that they do it because they love it, but nonetheless, I think they deserve a huge amount of praise. I know that Streety lives and breathes the game and wants 1874 to do so well and succeed even more. We are lucky to have him, Paul, Duckers, Stuart and the rest of 'the team'.

When you read the interview, it certainly does bring it home how much effort it takes to manage and how it can rule your life. That's why a Manager needs to have a great team to support him, to give practical help and to sound off to.

I know that Ian enjoys managing 74 but was shattered at the end of the season. He was very keen to get the pre-season games confirmed, so that he could have a complete break from it and recharge his batteries. He deserves this. Along with Paul, Lee and Stu who have also put a shift in, we have a great team.

Back