• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

1874TV - The future

Chubbs

Too much time on my hands
Jul 30, 2013
Hi folks, just a little note to inform you that I have decided to cut back on the footage and coverage of games from now on.
There are several reasons for this:
1. Time - It takes roughly 4 hrs to edit and cut a game to a reasonable length to include all the action, put in the titles, captions and music etc plus another hour or so depending on length to upload to YouTube and post on all the required sites. So as you can imagine on a Sunday that is most of the day gone and for midweek games that's two of the following evenings taken up.

2. Manpower - There is basically just me!
Trevor has for reasons which I fully understand and support decided not to continue due to his medical condition. The club has also contacted both SJD and mid Cheshire college to ask for assistance from their respective media student courses with no reply, so unless anybody else is savvy with editing and would like to help? (or would like to learn how - I am only too pleased of teach - basic computer skill is a must though)

3. Personal - I miss watching games as a fan!
Obviously I will continue to do the big games in the league and the Vase but other cup games won't be covered unless we are in the final.

Mark (Riding) has said that we can hopefully have goal came at most games as that is easier to set up and we only use a small amount from that anyway.

Hope you understand and support this ladies and gents but unless anyone else would like to step up and help that is the way it will be.

Cheers and UT74
Chris.

Total understand Chris, your efforts are much appreciated.

Fully understand that from down here too. It is a service that we should justly be proud of, but it should not be allowed to take over your life! Any coverage, long or short, will always be greatly appreciated from afar, but the absence of the extensive highlights we have enjoyed in the past may be mourned, but never criticised.

While I will be disappointed at the loss of your fantastic coverage I can fully understand and support your reasons. I always felt it was one of the best things we had as a team, and for "foreign" supporters like Alan and Tez (and me when working away) it kept them in touch.
Welcome back to the stands!

Instead of the footage now Chris I expect to read a fair and balanced review of the games on here with good opinions. Don't stand near James!
Get a better view from standing near us or Steve!

You know I'll miss the TV as I watch it time and again, but absolutely understand. I wouldn't do it as you see little of the game until you watch it back and by then you know the score. Thanks for the past couple of years.

Hi I am sorry that the editing got too much while I have my less better days but I will try again if this means we could keep the 1874TV. If I have everything written down for me I would be able to do it most the time. I feel guilty that my health has effected the future of the coverage of games. There was talk of getting a platform on top of the present camera dugout to enable a better angle of filming, if this had gone ahead I could possibly help with filming also, as many know I can't stand for more than 10 minutes at most so do need to sit down most the time ( would love to be able to stand longer as miss not being in the atmosphere ) . I love this club and want to help if I can but I am restricted what I can do, Home life is really challenging with my Bipolar and Border line Schizophrenia and also one child with Autism and another with Aspergers . I hate leaving the house and can't stand crowds so coming to football is a real challenge on a bad day but 1874 is worth the effort.

Hi I am sorry that the editing got too much while I have my less better days but I will try again if this means we could keep the 1874TV. If I have everything written down for me I would be able to do it most the time. I feel guilty that my health has effected the future of the coverage of games. There was talk of getting a platform on top of the present camera dugout to enable a better angle of filming, if this had gone ahead I could possibly help with filming also, as many know I can't stand for more than 10 minutes at most so do need to sit down most the time ( would love to be able to stand longer as miss not being in the atmosphere ) . I love this club and want to help if I can but I am restricted what I can do, Home life is really challenging with my Bipolar and Border line Schizophrenia and also one child with Autism and another with Aspergers . I hate leaving the house and can't stand crowds so coming to football is a real challenge on a bad day but 1874 is worth the effort.
You know how much we love and respect you mate, do what you can when you can, it's very much appreciated by all

Second what Tony has said Trev! We all do what we can, when we can and everyone's support is appreciated. You must put your health and your family first. I know that it is a challenge for you to get to games, but remember that when you and the kids come to a game, you are amongst friends and '1874 family'. Hope knowing this makes it a little more comfortable.

Trevor,
You definitely don't need to feel guilty.
Everyone at the club appreciates whatever help you can give.
We just do whatever we can.
Chin up mate.

And from me. All efforts big and small from everyone appreciated by everyone.

I feel guilty that my health has effected the future of the coverage of games.

It hasn't mate, coverage will continue, just not as comprehensive as it once was.
As Vicki has said your health and your family come first and the last thing any of us want is to compound any issues. Your presence when possible at games and support for our club is all we need from you me old mucker!:scarf:

Hi Chubbs it's Joe. I used to do the radio with Callum and was wondering if I could help out with the filming. I tried to message you but couldn't for some reason, so could you try and contact me.

We've been spoiled with the very professional coverage that most clubs higher up the pyramid would be envious of. Well done for the time and effort you put into it.

PS can't you just point a camera at the goal and press record for each half, then just pick out the goals in the editing? Would allow you or someone to watch the match and then cut down on editing.

The footage of the games we have had the luxury of being able to watch, many a team in the divisions above would be in envy of. Echoing much of the above, i'm grateful for it, particularly at the games where I cannot make it.

Back