• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

1874 v Abbey Hey - Game On

First of all it was correct decision me being sent off and it was a straight red far as I'm aware, I let our players and club down last night and I've apologised to them and would have apologised to your lad as well after the game but didn't see him I was well out of order, but I didn't have him in a headlock to my recollection I just wanted to get up ASAP to try stop you scoring but in that goalmouth scramble he landed on top of me by accident to be fair, but he stayed on top of me I tried getting up but couldn't, was shouting the ref when on the floor too but didn't hear me and that's when I threw my arms as I thought the ball was still in the 6 yard box because couldn't see where it went but doesn't make it right what I done and also want to clear up I'm not trying to shift the blame onto your player it was all my own fault.
Good luck for the rest the season always enjoy the games between us

Well said Jon, thanks for the actual facts, not many would have admitted the blame. Clearly the heat of the moment action.

Jon it takes gut's to come on here and admit you were in the wrong,but i think you showed what a sportsman you are when you told some of your players they should have put the ball out when one of our players was hurt.so good luck to you and your team for the rest of the season.

Jon, I am really impressed with your admission, I wish others were equally as honest! I thought you had a fantastic game last night and did not deserve to be on the losing side (although I am glad you were!) I too have enjoyed games between the 2 teams - and at least last night we both kept 11 on the pitch for most of the game! Best defensive team I have seen against us as well.

First of all it was correct decision me being sent off and it was a straight red far as I'm aware, I let our players and club down last night and I've apologised to them and would have apologised to your lad as well after the game but didn't see him I was well out of order, but I didn't have him in a headlock to my recollection I just wanted to get up ASAP to try stop you scoring but in that goalmouth scramble he landed on top of me by accident to be fair, but he stayed on top of me I tried getting up but couldn't, was shouting the ref when on the floor too but didn't hear me and that's when I threw my arms as I thought the ball was still in the 6 yard box because couldn't see where it went but doesn't make it right what I done and also want to clear up I'm not trying to shift the blame onto your player it was all my own fault.
Good luck for the rest the season always enjoy the games between us
Amazing honesty, well done Jon. As mentioned earlier I thought a draw was probably the fairest result on the night, but I don't think many would've saved Chappie's volley. No shame in letting that one in.

The balance of the team wasn't right at all last night, Woolley hasn't got the legs to play at CB and Stu Welstead isn't a winger no matter how hard he try's, we need a new RB and then put Paul Connor on the right wing and then both him and Ryan will terrorize any defense

From my view it looked like after the scramble in the box, the keeper and Brandon were tangled. Almost looked as if the keeper threw a punch at Brandon as they were making their way back up and then got him into a headlock, which at the time I said if he has thrown a punch there then he will be given a straight red. Ref went to consult with his linesman, then called Brandon over and gave him a yellow. Then walked over to the keeper and defo gave him a straight red. Then went back to the linesman and awarded the pen.

Callum - that is exactly as I saw / called it. I had a good view of it. Mad from the keeper, but fair do's from him to come onto the forum and hold his hands up to admit he was at fault for costing them at least a point if not three.

Thought that they were again excellent as they were at the game at their place. Pacey front two, hard-working midfield and robust and organised back-line.

They will win more than they will lose and pose a threat to most teams.

9 and 10 were class

Meanwhile all I can say is Grrrrr about the Snake Pass - was on my way over to the game from Sheffield when some inconsiderate souls about ten cars in front decided to have a 3 vehicle pile up resulting in one car upside down blocking the road completely. No injuries, amazingly, but by the time I got back to Sheffield to go via Woodhead Hillsboro was snarled up with traffic so I was forced to go to the pub to drown my sorrows.
It sounds like it was a skin of teeth victory, but those are the sort that distinguish table-topping teams, and we need more of them. Ask Linnets!

Back