• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Witton go it alone

No more ground sharing

We all knew it was always going to happen at some time. Just a question of when.

Winsford is the only ground in the immediate vicinity that meets Step 5 grading requirements. Other than that you are taking about Linnets, Runcorn Town, Congleton, Rylands or Warrington Town.

They need to agree a ground share with Winsford (if they'll have them and that is by no means a given).
I actually think that they will push for amalgamation with us again. But as for that......
This could well be the end of them....finally.

As a Wittoner can't say I'm dissapointed.
I think that you guys have played a blinder.

Bled them dry for 6 years in terms of rental.

Given their ever decreasing attendances, the extras that you must be getting in terms of bar and food sales must be likewise decreasing.

So the point must come - and it clearly has - where WAFC don’t need the direct and indirect income from Vics. Allied to this are the wider plans you have to develop your club - which are very laudable.

I recall that when Vics announced their move back into town in - I think - early 2017, there were a number of 74 fans who we angry with the fact that they seemingly had ‘got one over’ on us by returning to Northwich after 5 odd years in exile.

I said at the time that the only club that would have benefited from a bidding war between us and Vics would be Albion and that in the long term their deal - irrespective of where some of the funding came from - would be unsustainable and the best plan we had at the time was to sit tight at Winsford and let events unfold over the next few years.

Fast forward to 2023 and we’ve got a pretty decent security of tenure at Barnton and both clubs have plans to formulate a joint development plan for the site,

Vics on the other hand have 6 months to find a ‘new’ home.

So, in retrospect, staying at Winsford and biding our time proved to be the right choice!👍

I think that you guys have played a blinder.

Bled them dry for 6 years in terms of rental.

Given their ever decreasing attendances, the extras that you must be getting in terms of bar and food sales must be likewise decreasing.

So the point must come - and it clearly has - where WAFC don’t need the direct and indirect income from Vics. Allied to this are the wider plans you have to develop your club - which are very laudable.

I recall that when Vics announced their move back into town in - I think - early 2017, there were a number of 74 fans who we angry with the fact that they seemingly had ‘got one over’ on us by returning to Northwich after 5 odd years in exile.

I said at the time that the only club that would have benefited from a bidding war between us and Vics would be Albion and that in the long term their deal - irrespective of where some of the funding came from - would be unsustainable and the best plan we had at the time was to sit tight at Winsford and let events unfold over the next few years.

Fast forward to 2023 and we’ve got a pretty decent security of tenure at Barnton and both clubs have plans to formulate a joint development plan for the site,

Vics on the other hand have 6 months to find a ‘new’ home.

So, in retrospect, staying at Winsford and biding our time proved to be the right choice!👍
I know some WAFC supporters will be quite happy that NVFC are not going to ground share at Wincham Park for much longer, but personally I am quite disappointed. It should be remembered that when NVFC came to Wincham Park they made a real and positive impact on the state of Wincham Park and provided much needed funds and resources to keep WAFC going. Our situation has perhaps improved as theirs has deteriorated, but I do find it difficult that we should part company without NVFC having an alternative home. There may be some fundamental reason that this has happened that we are not aware of, beyond the agreed announcement text. No doubt, if there is, that will become apparent over time. In any event the situation now presents new challenges and also opportunities. As discussed at length on another thread, action needs to be taken to ensure teams survive at this level. The first steps in that process sit firmly in the hands of the Northwich supporters.

I know some WAFC supporters will be quite happy that NVFC are not going to ground share at Wincham Park for much longer, but personally I am quite disappointed. It should be remembered that when NVFC came to Wincham Park they made a real and positive impact on the state of Wincham Park and provided much needed funds and resources to keep WAFC going. Our situation has perhaps improved as theirs has deteriorated, but I do find it difficult that we should part company without NVFC having an alternative home. There may be some fundamental reason that this has happened that we are not aware of, beyond the agreed announcement text. No doubt, if there is, that will become apparent over time. In any event the situation now presents new challenges and also opportunities. As discussed at length on another thread, action needs to be taken to ensure teams survive at this level. The first steps in that process sit firmly in the hands of the Northwich supporters.
Vics knew that this season was the last of the existing agreement. Hence they ought to have gained some idea from Albion last season if they were happy to offer Vics a new / extended deal.

Good corporate risk management processes would have identified this issue as a huge risk and they ought to have been planning accordingly.

Vics knew that this season was the last of the existing agreement. Hence they ought to have gained some idea from Albion last season if they were happy to offer Vics a new / extended deal.

Good corporate risk management processes would have identified this issue as a huge risk and they ought to have been planning accordingly.
Yep wouldn't disagree with you James, but sometimes that's easier said than done.

Yep wouldn't disagree with you James, but sometimes that's easier said than done.
Agreed. But they also seemed completely unprepared for the potential switch to the Midland League. The first job of the Board ought to have been protecting the long term future of the club by looking at the key short, medium and long term major risks and developing plans to mitigate these.

Agreed. But they also seemed completely unprepared for the potential switch to the Midland League. The first job of the Board ought to have been protecting the long term future of the club by looking at the key short, medium and long term major risks and developing plans to mitigate these.
Just looking at this from a slightly different angle. Whilst absolutely agreeing with James comment, decisions like being placed in a Midland league show how decisions made by 3rd parties (without any resort to appeal) can have a devastating effect on a team's future. It just goes to show that the fate of teams at this level can turn on a sixpence, so its imperative that teams are as strong as they can be both on and off the pitch.

And Vics have signed a three year desk at Winsford

And Vics have signed a three year desk at Winsford
Karma!

They are out of town (again) whilst Albion and us are in town.

And they are now even further south which makes an extended stay in the Midland League more likely!

PMSL 🤣

#2024winsfordvictoria

Back