• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Winsford Utd vs JRFC

I agree with Chubbs. I am still interested in what is going on at Vics, even if it is a different way to how I used to be. Now my interest lies simply in reminding myself why I no longer support them and thankfully episodes like this (and Colin) remind me why. Also, Vics need monitoring. Colin clearly believes the lies and when they return to Northwich many others could be tempted back. They will play the victim card and try to re-write history. We need to be promoting our history and why we exist.

It's not so much he irritates me,it's the fact we are giving him and others through him a outlet to spout their bile,they have got their own Forum for that.I know we are a open Forum but enough is enough.If we are a democratic Forum why not set up a vote on the issue,I don't think I'm the only one sick to the back teeth with them.

Colin is currently banned for totting up too many points for off-topic postings.
He might be back next week. And if he strays off-topic then he'll be warned & banned again.

When he is here I think he serves a useful purpose of reminding us why we are where we are and moments of comedy gold.

His posts are also carefully considered by the Mods. If what he is posting is construed as spam, it will treated as such.

As has often been stated before, like it or not, Colin's posts serve as a useful reminder of the past. All that said, I can also understand your frustrations Toddy. Try the "ignore" suggestion for now though and see if that works out any better for you? As Edge says, Colin is currently banned, but of course he will be back, as sadly his obsession about what's posted on here is far stronger and goes much much deeper than it does the other way; you only have to note the time each morning he logs on to the forum in order to browse it. (Undeniable Colin I'm afraid, so don't even try ;)).

I do actually find it a bit ridiculous to ban him. I don't agree with anything he says and get as frustrated by him as most people, but he doesn't actually do anything wrong. Most topics end up going 'off-topic', it's the nature of discussion and I bet most of us on here have taken a topic away from the main point before now. For a club that is for the people I think it lacks tolerance and patience.

Kit, the Forum is independent of the club, so tolerance (or lack of it) shouldn't therefore reflect on it.

Oh well .... I guess we'll have to live with that.

Just saying perhaps the moderators could be less trigger happy with the banning as it is quite divisive and sets a precedent. As is labelling people trolls and referring to their posts as spam. There were two threads on here about Vics so I reckon it's fair enough if a Vics fan chooses to comment on them. I have disagreed with virtually everything Colin has said in the many years I have been on Vics/1874 message boards but he still should have the right to post unless he does or says something particularly inflammatory.

You're entitled to your opinion.

Trigger happy?? The only one shooting himself in the foot here is Colin. Despite his clearly antagonistic stance he is for the most part tolerated on here. Those who do most of the moderating (which is not me as it happens) agonise for considerable periods of time about how best to react when a thread gets out of hand or is taken too far off topic, and it takes quite a while to accumulate enough warning points to trigger a (temporary) ban. Colin knows full well where the line is, and it has been drawn quite a long way away. If he chooses to head in that direction, and then ignores it when someone has a quiet word, and instead proceeds to cross that line, he knows the consequences.

There are people on here who want him completely and permanently barred, there are others who want to give him completely free rein, and then there are those somewhere in between. You can't please everyone.

Having looked at the two threads about Vics there has been nothing said by Colin that deserves a ban. If you applied the same criteria to everyone there would be quite a few bans handed out. I am not setting up a Colin fan club, most of what he says is bonkers, but on a 'Other football chat' board where threads have been started about Vics, their fans should be allowed the right to reply. I don't think a ban like this does us any favours.

You are quite right, nothing has been bad enough to merit a ban on its own. But very much along the lines of driving points for infringements in a car, the ban accumulates over time, with odd points picked up for various things (like the sudden interjection about paying off the NVFC debts in one of the threads) - that point may have been enough to trigger a ban, but each warning point has a limited life (typically, but not always, one month), so the ban only lasts as long as the active points total is over the limit. When a warning point has served its time, it deletes automatically, so that brings the offender back into the land of the unbanned. If they stay 'clean' for a while, other warning points will also disappear, giving them a sort of naughtiness buffer. If they then start to stray and get warning points again, that can take them back over the limit, so they get banned again until one of the old points self-deletes. And so on. It is a rolling system.

Hope that sort of makes sense!

So I am in no way a Colin/dewdrop/Derek fan, in fact I think they are each a butty short of a picnic, but this is suppose to be an independent forum, so don't necessarily agree with banning people ( unless of course they post rude / offensive comments) I don't see being irritating, tedious and a pain in the bum grounds for banning....... For me all it does is reinforce why we left them behind in the first place

Back