• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Widnes 2-0

Edge

Administrator
Forum Staff
5 Game Player
Jun 24, 2013
3 points in our relegation match v Widnes :)
Next up:- a play-off 6 pointer v Workington

We played well in the first half & could/should? have been further ahead.
In the second half we just couldn't keep the ball & invited pressure but withstood it.

Jack Marrow MoM after his first goal for the club & Big T pushed him close.

As for the ref...
I thought Jonah won the ball & it didn't look a bad challenge to me.
Jack can't argue about his first yellow but I'm not sure the 2nd was deserved.

And some "robust" challenges from Widnes seemed to be treated more leniently which is what annoyed everyone.

Just spotted this from @BDavies211

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

9 v 12 at the end and still a comfortable win.

Hope the club appeals the red cards, Jonah’s was never a red card in a million years, and the second yellow for Irlam was a joke too.

Officiating so bad, and all in one direction ?

Very comfortable win today. Could and should have been more than 2-0 up at half time. Second half we dropped off a little but never looked in any danger even with nine men.

Widnes were a poor side and I can see why they’re bottom of the league but the job still had to be done and it was important we got back on track after a poor run of results.

OfficIating today was shocking. Jonah’s was never a red card in a million years and the video footage confirms that. Definitely appeal this decision!

Not a bad crowd of just under 300 either considering Widnes as usual brought nobody.

Onto a long trip to Workington next Saturday just a single point off the play-offs. Fantastic effort that.

Up the 74!

A refreshing performance in the first half quite rightly giving us a 2-0 lead. So good to see us taking the game to the opponents. Worked perfectly with Joe alongside Josh. With Kenzie and Jamal flying down the wings all was good.

Second half started slower, not sure why but we were still in control.

Until the sending off which changed it completely. But with Big T on top of his game and the young lads fighting for everything we saw the game out easily.

That last period took the MoM for Jack Marrow as both Joe and Jamal were so good.

Should be a good visit to Workington next week now. See everyone at the AGM or on the coach or at the game!!

Good solid performance today and well deserved 3 points. Thought we showed our qualities throughout and kept our shape even when down to 9 men. Nice to see a clean sheet and over 300 on….COYG

The club have to appeal Marks sending off
if the ref was being assessed I would think he would be dropped a level, as he not up to the standard required
His decisions were so one sided and he was just card crazy
Overall happy that his poor display didn’t affect the result

9 v 12 at the end and still a comfortable win.

Hope the club appeals the red cards, Jonah’s was never a red card in a million years, and the second yellow for Irlam was a joke too.

Officiating so bad, and all in one direction ?
Sat in the usual post, Murph stand,behind a man most definitely taking notes not the usual type but clearly serious stuff, could have been referred to the Ref performance!

First half much much better. Would have been 3-0 but for amazing save by Widnes keeper. Really pleased to see more support for Josh. Liked Joe alongside him - far more positive which I have wanted to see for ages.
Not so good in the second half which was slightly disappointing but still looked comfortable.
Worst referee I’ve seen for ages. Not convinced having watched the video either sending off was justified.
Also have to give a mention to the amount of work Josh put in. He was excellent and deserved much praise.

First half much much better. Would have been 3-0 but for amazing save by Widnes keeper. Really pleased to see more support for Josh. Liked Joe alongside him - far more positive which I have wanted to see for ages.
Not so good in the second half which was slightly disappointing but still looked comfortable.
Worst referee I’ve seen for ages. Not convinced having watched the video either sending off was justified.
Also have to give a mention to the amount of work Josh put in. He was excellent and deserved much praise.
Could have written this post myself. Spot on in every department! ?

There is no doubt that the ref was trying to impress the observer who sat in front of me in the stand, was making notes and used an impressive tablet, and further using a mobile to phone.

When I was reffing rugby matches I was never told if I was being watched so there was no danger of putting on a special show for the assessor. I think it is a mistake to let them know

When I was reffing rugby matches I was never told if I was being watched so there was no danger of putting on a special show for the assessor. I think it is a mistake to let them know
Cheers,Richard,
This man was most certainly intent on what he was collating on the field !!

Missed the match due to the latest bug going round. Just watched the video of the game and have to agree that the Jonah red card is a complete travesty. Not even a yellow from what I’ve seen.
On another tack I hope that with the world cup on for the next few weeks and no premier league games being played we might be able to tempt some more spectators through the gate.
Having said that our attendance was the 4th highest yesterday out of 8 matches played in our league.

We have previously had a successful appeal backed up by video evidence so fingers crossed.
I’m not sure the ban comes into effect straight away at this level so Mark could be available for Workington?

Reactions: Tez
We have previously had a successful appeal backed up by video evidence so fingers crossed.
I’m not sure the ban comes into effect straight away at this level so Mark could be available for Workington?
I think that unlike the NWCFL it counts immediately unless there is a successful appeal

I think that unlike the NWCFL it counts immediately unless there is a successful appeal
I can't find the info on the NPL site.

I did notice that Taylor Kennerly played for Witton on the Saturday after his mid-week red card.
It might be a 7 day thing in that case - so pretty much immediate give the lack of mid-week games.

Suspensions take place 7 days after the offence, not necessarily the next game

Back