• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

STOCKPORT SPORTS.

toddyb

Too much time on my hands
Dec 23, 2014
Reading the None-League Paper to-day it looks they may well have to fold.

That is where a certain Mr Rushe started out, so not suprised. Although I know there has been big investment in the Sports Village since he left. A great concept, and facilites but the football club became surplus to requirements.

Think Linnetts and Glossop have played them twice and won both games aswell to can anyonr clarify this?

That is where a certain Mr Rushe started out, so not suprised. Although I know there has been big investment in the Sports Village since he left. A great concept, and facilites but the football club became surplus to requirements.

Could be wrong here but I think Rushe was involved with Woodley Fc which is a different club to Woodley Sports.

Real shame the club is in trouble, but with the current owner not communicating with either the league or Cheshire FA and with outstanding rent and fines left unpaid, their future looks decidedly bleak.

If they do fold Linnets will lose 6 points and a goal tally of 11-4.
Glossop will lose 6 points and a goal tally of 14-0.
We will lose 3 points with a goal tally of 5-0.

Could be wrong here but I think Rushe was involved with Woodley Fc which is a different club to Woodley Sports.

Indeed, Tez. Before their reincarnation as Northwich Villa and their re-re-incarnation as Northwich Flixton Villa, JR's team was Woodley FC in the Cheshire League, and a constant source of confusion whenever the name Woodley cropped up.

Shame any club (well, almost any) has to perish, but there doesn't seem much of a groundswell of support, and those are the usual sad consequences of not paying your way.

Incidentally, as a totally irrelevant aside, anyone know where NFV will be entertaining their legions of fans next season?

I think Jim was on the board at Woodley Sports at one point, before he rescued Vics from Connett. And that's how he got the name for his Cheshire league side.

I think Stockport Town is supported by the Sport Village so I'd imagine they'd be joining the NWCFL to replace their neighbours.

JR was indeed, with Jim Campbell, on the Woodley Sports board. JR was also manager of Woodley Sports reserve side in the Mid Cheshire League. When JR fell out with Woodley Sports he took his ball home, so to speak, and created Woodley FC with the players from the Sports' reserve side. They played in Timperley for a while before JR did his White Knight act with NVFC at which point they began to play at the VS, eventually becoming NVFC reserves.

If Jim took the ball home when he fell out with them can anyone confirm he paid for it?

Not sure they will be missed to be honest.
and not easy to say 'Stockport Sports' quickly over and over again....if you wanted to for any reason.

Least he did more than the Trust Plan at the time.

The meeting at the Floatel in October 2007. The Trusts only plan was to leave Vics to be liquidated as nobody wanted to take responsibility for the £1.3 Million worth of debts which Mr Connett left. Mr Rushe and Co paid off about £800,000 it and of which they subsequently wrote off upon the CVA. as detailed in the Creditors report that Edge posted the other week.

Yeah I was a member from the beginning and for 10 loyal years so given it £100,00's. Mike Pav attended the first meeting, in fact I think attended every meeting up until the time when the Trust started to plan the new club around February/March time 2012.

Least he did more than the Trust Plan at the time.

The meeting at the Floatel in October 2007. The Trusts only plan was to leave Vics to be liquidated as nobody wanted to take responsibility for the £1.3 Million worth of debts which Mr Connett left. Mr Rushe and Co paid off about £800,000 it and of which they subsequently wrote off upon the CVA. as detailed in the Creditors report that Edge posted the other week.

But where did the £800k come from??

Back