• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Squad update

Luca Partington has signed from Lostock - he's scored loads for them this season.

And Jacob Hamman is back, on loan from Salford

Manuel Diop Parra played for Barnton the other night.

Ben Woods has signed for Wythenshawe Town

Good luck to him . I don’t think he made much impression for us so he may as well go and try somewhere else.

Josh Quarless has moved to Widnes

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Good luck to Josh. A strange move though to a team deep in relegation trouble when he was getting regular game time with us

Good luck to Josh. A strange move though to a team deep in relegation trouble when he was getting regular game time with us
Don’t think that we saw the best of him. As I’ve said many times before, I don’t think that the way we played made the best use of his attributes. 20+ goals last season for Burscough and CoL and just 3 for us

For me, with respect to Josh and by no means not all his fault , it’s no coincidence that performances and results have been a lot better since he’s not played.

Three wins in a row in that time and the football so much better to watch.

I just think the way we play didn’t suit his game. Best of luck to him though!

Last edited:
Don’t think that we saw the best of him. As I’ve said many times before, I don’t think that the way we played made the best use of his attributes. 20+ goals last season for Burscough and CoL and just 3 for us
Could not understand

Gutted with this tbh and this isn't going to be a popular opinion but I think this is on the managers because at no stage have we played to his strengths which baffled me as he was such a good hardworking lad with a good touch and great holdup play so it makes me wonder what the thinking was behind signing him in the first place if we didn't have a coherent game plan to utilize his ability 🤷

Gutted with this tbh and this isn't going to be a popular opinion but I think this is on the managers because at no stage have we played to his strengths which baffled me as he was such a good hardworking lad with a good touch and great holdup play so it makes me wonder what the thinking was behind signing him in the first place if we didn't have a coherent game plan to utilize his ability 🤷
Sorry, in my opinion it was about money and perhaps a chance link up again with Ellison. Not knocking anyone wanting to improve their financial lot when the opportunity arises though, good luck to Josh.
Look where Widnes are in the table, do you really think the quality of performance and tactics was really what drew him to move🤔

Sorry, in my opinion it was about money and perhaps a chance link up again with Ellison. Not knocking anyone wanting to improve their financial lot when the opportunity arises though, good luck to Josh.
Look where Widnes are in the table, do you really think the quality of performance and tactics was really what drew him to move🤔
It probably was money related but it wouldn't surprise me if Widnes make more use of his attributes than we did, a player that has scored 20 goals in what I would honestly say is an inferior team to ours shouldn't then be struggling to even get a shot on goal the next season, his lack of service since being with us was criminal

Money related or not he wasn’t the player for us and didn’t fit. Good luck to Josh going forward, he’ll find a club that suits. We havn’t looked back since Josh was substituted in the 69th min v Bootle. 10 points gained and a team playing with confidence, high energy and fantastic spirit not to mention we’ve had set backs too with losing Mackenzie. Onwards and upwards

Alfie Henderson has been recalled by Salford

Jacob Hamman has also been recalled by Salford

Dash! What a shame, especially with Linnets and macc coming up. I had forgotten he was on loan. Fenton has been playing well recently so hopefully it will not be too bad.

Back