• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

1874 News Season Tickets Now Available

Edge

Administrator
Forum Staff
5 Game Player
Jun 24, 2013
Our season tickets are now available to purchase.
The tickets are valid for all 19 home league games for the price of 15 matches.

Continue reading...

An excellent offer that should benefit our supporters AS WELL as our club.⚽️??

I don't know if I would go as far to say that it was excellent offer, and that isn't meant as a criticism of the club or anyone at the club.

Those of you who know me, know that I reside in Bradford and watch Bradford (Park Avenue) when I am not watching 74, BPA who are at step 2 in the National North are charging £140 for a season ticket for 23 league games, this season. This is as much because Bradford City who are in League 2 are charging £198 for a season ticket also for 23 league games. For less than £2.50 extra per game fans can watch a team 2 leagues higher , in a modern stadium and amongst a crowd of 15k+. For many people it is a no brainer. BPA are charging £14 on the gate this season. they want to attract more people but don't feel that they can lower the gate price, as much as other clubs are charging the same, if not more, so they want to maximise income from travelling fans without penalising home fans, hence the cheap season ticket price.

I think it shows that clubs can't necessarily set their prices just based upon the standard of league and what other clubs in that league are charging, other factors can and do come into play. That said, I will still be purchasing a season ticket for both clubs.

Another thing that BPA are offering this season is a multi match season ticket which is very much aimed at the casual spectator. You pay £50 upfront for the season ticket and upon production at the gate you pay just £7 in. 8 games and you have paid slightly less than you would, if you paid at the gate on the day, and you still have an incredible 15 games at £7 a time.

Perhaps not to quite the same price structure, but perhaps this is something for our board to think about for future seasons, Anything that brings people in.

I accept your comment Bill. I also hope to see you at games very soon when we can have a chat. ?⚽

Back