• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Newcastle Town 6th Sept

Edge

Administrator
Forum Staff
5 Game Player
Jun 24, 2013
The chat page should be up & running later for updates, weather & other random musings.

Sorry about the missing updates last night, I kept losing signal so a few never arrived.

As for the match...
I thought Newcastle were a decent side but we contained them pretty well.
Joe did well in centre mid. Isaac on his first start was his usual tenacious self & took his goal really well. And Kenzie - a great finish & what a run to set Isaac up. And well done to the ref for playing the advantage.

Just a pity we conceded two soft goals. A long throw that went through everyone to the far post & a silly freekick near the halfway line that probably should have been dealt with better.

I find it difficult to reconcile the reported attendance of 120, with the numbers attending last night's game. I would suggest that there were at least 100 from 1874, and total numbers present was comparable to last year's published attendance of 266. Maybe a misunderstanding / typo error between Newcastle Town FC and the NPL :rolleyes: .

I must admit I enjoyed last nights game and thought it was a fairly even contest.
Considering we had several influential and experienced players missing and a few out of position I thought it was a commendable performance albeit it tinged with a sliver of disappointment that we didn’t win.
We looked better from an attacking point of view which imo we don’t at home and both goals were excellent.
Newcastle look much better team than last season and their No 11 Russo was a handful and has a wonderful long throw in.
Not sure why we made so many substitutions towards the end as we were in the ascendancy at that stage and it disrupted us a little.
Both Newcastle goals were soft ones to give away I thought but they were dangerous with the free kicks and long throw ins.

Sorry about the missing updates last night, I kept losing signal so a few never arrived.

As for the match...
I thought Newcastle were a decent side but we contained them pretty well.
Joe did well in centre mid. Isaac on his first start was his usual tenacious self & took his goal really well. And Kenzie - a great finish & what a run to set Isaac up. And well done to the ref for playing the advantage.

Just a pity we conceded two soft goals. A long throw that went through everyone to the far post & a silly freekick near the halfway line that probably should have been dealt with better.
And what soft goals they were !!

Stats from Simmo

Back 4 & keeper - average age 19.8
Starting XI - average age 21.9

I find it difficult to reconcile the reported attendance of 120, with the numbers attending last night's game. I would suggest that there were at least 100 from 1874, and total numbers present was comparable to last year's published attendance of 266. Maybe a misunderstanding / typo error between Newcastle Town FC and the NPL :rolleyes: .
Yes I thought the attendance was a little strange?? I counted around 100 on the stand side and I'm sure there were more than 20 of us on the far side.

Again a good game to watch, miles better than Ramsbottom. Maybe our pitch had something to do with the Ramsbottom performance, but we can't change that going forward. I think the last night game swung one way then the other with a draw being perhaps fair but disappointing in the end. We certainly didn't deserve to lose.

A few mentions for stand out players, much that I would prefer Joe to be further forward he was right in the thick of it and did a grand job out of position and I thought that Fenton Green had his best game for us so far. Also some really good saves from Ellis in the first half.

On to Clitheroe on Saturday where a run in the Trophy is vital to our club. The money is much needed. See everyone there for the same result as last time!!

When I saw the line up yesterday I was apprehensive about the game against a strong unbeaten side who were in a buoyant mood from beating higher ranked league leaders Stafford Rangers at the weekend. I didn’t need to be.

As always, 1 to 11 put in 110% effort for us on the pitch and they more than matched the hosts in midfield and for the majority of the second half they were in control.

Great to see Isaac Noble getting his first for the club after making the step up from the U21’s. Matty Fenton captain, another Northwich lad captaining a Northwich club, you love to see it.

We’re so close to turning these draws in to wins, keep pushing 74. We look so so much better than this time last season and are in a much better position points wise.

This side is great to watch, imagine what they’ll be like after 6 months together

Back