• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Nantwich

Andy

Too much time on my hands
Politics 5
Jul 28, 2013
Simply not good enough today. A loss at home against a poor Nantwich side doesn’t bode well.

The red card looked ridiculous, but at 1-0 down and not looking like scoring in a month of Sundays it didn’t really have any effect on the result in the end.

The effort was there, but with god knows how many playing out of position, and starting yet another game without a striker they were put in a difficult position by management.

On a positive note, Sam looked a threat when he came on. Hopefully he gets a start next week.

Performances have been poor since halfway through last season. Realistically, our good start last year saved us from relegation. This poor standard seems to have continued in to the start of this season. In this time our issues have been clear as day, and management have simply failed to address those issues.

Unless something changes fast, we are relegation fodder this season.

Well that well and truly awful to watch again fed up with same shit Tactics week in week some of our squad is simply not good enough

I know we don't have money for best players but don't cost anything to try something different to same old crap

Any time to vote with my feet will not be paying to watch that Predictable crap again Boot the budget is now cancelled

Midfield created practically nothing with far too many misplaced passes and the attack was almost non existent.
We have only scored 1 goal now in the last 4 games and to be honest unless we can improve on performances recently it’s unlikely our goal tally will change much.
This was from the Mossley game in March.
Nothing much has changed

Don’t know what to say other than trying to repeat my previous comments about our situation.
I said we would soon find ourselves in the bottom 2 and lo and behold here we are in the bottom 2.
Nantwich looked a poor outfit so that is even more galling to lose in the way we have.
Agree with previous comments this team is not good enough in this league and has slowly deteriorated since end of last season and unless tactics alter or there are other changes we are going to find ourselves in Midland League next season.
I’m given to understand that is 1 win now in 16 matches with a very low goal count. In most leagues that sort of form would result in only one outcome.
Signing off as a very unhappy loyal fan.

Jesus bit of an overreaction on here, whilst obviously another disappointing result the reality is that we've played 3 teams that have just come down from the league above and who will be there or there abouts in the top 10 - top 5 at the end of this season and we've more than held our own in those games and at times played some decent stuff without having the finishing touch, I am however completely baffled with team selection and tactics so far this season and I just don't understand the logic of what the managers are trying to accomplish, 17 year old Eric Byrne (a central midfielder if I'm not mistaken) up front today?? What was that about 🤨🤦 it was even more baffling than Benji Mullarky at no 10 against Chasetown which was ridiculous, I'm fully expecting Ellis Allan up front before the end of the season 🤷, on that point though I'm thinking that maybe Issac Noble is worth a go in that position considering we do have a decent amount of options on the wings and so can afford to try Issac there 🤷

Jesus bit of an overreaction on here, whilst obviously another disappointing result the reality is that we've played 3 teams that have just come down from the league above and who will be there or there abouts in the top 10 - top 5 at the end of this season and we've more than held our own in those games and at times played some decent stuff without having the finishing touch, I am however completely baffled with team selection and tactics so far this season and I just don't understand the logic of what the managers are trying to accomplish, 17 year old Eric Byrne (a central midfielder if I'm not mistaken) up front today?? What was that about 🤨🤦 it was even more baffling than Benji Mullarky at no 10 against Chasetown which was ridiculous, I'm fully expecting Ellis Allan up front before the end of the season 🤷, on that point though I'm thinking that maybe Issac Noble is worth a go in that position considering we do have a decent amount of options on the wings and so can afford to try Issac there 🤷

No over reaction 1 win in are last 13 league game still playing the sh*t Tactics that don't work still no one upfront looks like we are settling up for 0-0

No over reaction 1 win in are last 13 league game still playing the sh*t Tactics that don't work still no one upfront looks like we are settling up for 0-0
Agree with you on tactics but we have a lot of young lads and they're putting in the effort, it doesn't look good on paper obviously but we haven't been as bad as it looks

Poor game today that neither team deserved to win. Wasn’t sure about JM’s red but was told after the game that he reacted badly and their bench were furious with his actions. I’m more worried now that he’ll miss 3 games, especially as Joe Hurst has gone back to Newcastle and played in their last 2 games that they’ve coincidentally won. I thought he looked a good defensive signing so disappointed that we didn’t fancy him for some reason. Saturday is a must win game now, we’ve played 5 games against teams we’d all expect to lose against…..Stalybridge / Nantwich from the prem, Chasetown top 6 last season, Prescot 9th last season and money bags Kidsgrove who are scoring for fun and are looking unbeatable currently. We have 2 draws and two very narrow odd goal defeats…Let’s keep things in perspective… we are in for a long season and need to win the games in our mini league with the 6/7 other clubs. Disappointing bank holiday gate today although a rough count looked around 400 including the many youngsters and guardians etc keep the faith COYG

Echo most of what has already been said above.

I’m sorry, and people may not agree, but budget restraints are not an excuse for the poor tactics and performances week in week out.

How can most people see that this garbage negative tactic and setup does not work other than the management? - Plan A doesn’t work, then what?…..

Matty Fenton clearly has a decent long throw, so why does it take us to be 1-0 down with 10 men to decide to give it him to have a go? Long throws will always cause panic, look at Clitheroe last year, absolutely killed us with it. Might not be pretty, but if it gets us goals and chances I don’t care. Sam needs to start next time out if available.

Jesus bit of an overreaction on here
I can’t see an overreaction.

As has been posted, one win in 13 matches and in eight of those no goals. Things were bad at the end of last season and continue to be in this one. Yet the tactics remain the same and the management don’t change course. Attendances will only dwindle as a result.

It may still be early in the season but if something doesn’t change fast, we could very well be heading towards what would be a disastrous relegation, seemingly to the Midlands League.

How long can this continue?

Echo most of what has already been said above.

I’m sorry, and people may not agree, but budget restraints are not an excuse for the poor tactics and performances week in week out.

How can most people see that this garbage negative tactic and setup does not work other than the management? - Plan A doesn’t work, then what?…..

Matty Fenton clearly has a decent long throw, so why does it take us to be 1-0 down with 10 men to decide to give it him to have a go? Long throws will always cause panic, look at Clitheroe last year, absolutely killed us with it. Might not be pretty, but if it gets us goals and chances I don’t care. Sam needs to start next time out if available.
Agree 100% with Matty Fenton's long throw I can't believe we only saw it once towards the end of the game 🤦 I know he's a CB but surely Woolley or Lucas could drop back in there whilst Matty comes forward to take the throws

Last edited:
I can’t see an overreaction.

As has been posted, one win in 13 matches and in eight of those no goals. Things were bad at the end of last season and continue to be in this one. Yet the tactics remain the same and the management don’t change course. Attendances will only dwindle as a result.

It may still be early in the season but if something doesn’t change fast, we could very well be heading towards what would be a disastrous relegation, seemingly to the Midlands League.

How long can this continue?
We have young lads that are working hard and I can only comment on the home games that I've been to but against Chasetown and today I thought we deserved more than we got from the game and obviously against Kidsgrove we were awful, results have been bad but performances we're not far away imo

We have young lads that are working hard and I can only comment on the home games that I've been to but against Chasetown and today I thought we deserved more than we got from the game and obviously against Kidsgrove we were awful, results have been bad but performances we're not far away imo

Today we got exactly what we deserved. Nothing.

If Nantwich had a half decent striker that didn’t sky every shot it could’ve been a rugby score

No doubt the players are putting in a shift. Take Jack Irlam, runs his legs off every week 110% effort, but he’s not a striker.

The failure to sign one for the last 6 months lies solely at the feet of two people.

As fans I think we’ve been fair, gave them the benefit of the doubt finding ourselves without a striker for the second half of the season, but we’ve had a full summer break and still haven’t signed one. Think it’s time for answers not excuses.

Last edited:

If Nantwich had a half decent striker that didn’t sky every shot it could’ve been a rugby score

No doubt the players are putting in a shift. Take Jack Irlam, runs his legs off every week 110% effort, but he’s not a striker.

The failure to sign one for the last 6 months lies solely at the feet of two people.

As fans I think we’ve been fair, gave them the benefit of the doubt finding ourselves without a striker for the second half of the season, but we’ve had a full summer break and still haven’t signed one. Think it’s time for answers not excuses.
Even with a striker the tactics remain the same. Gabe Ellis is a forward but has to feed on the scraps when he’s actually given a chance to play and it was the same for Josh Quarless last season. He scored for CoL the other day I noticed. Think he only scored once for us. Says it all.

Last edited:

We actually signed 3 from what I remember Gabe Ellis, Josh Maris and Dayo Adekoya (though I'm not sure where the latter two are atm)

Back