• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Mossley 7 (Seven) - 3

Edge

Administrator
Forum Staff
5 Game Player
Jun 24, 2013
Where do you start?

Started well, concede 3 in 10 to a promotion chasing side & then put seven past them.

In shocking conditions, passing the ball around like it was Wembley.

The movement of the front three was superb, full backs bombing forward & Jakey further forward causing chaos.
And what a goal from Lucas.
Joe Woolley gets my vote for man of the match but you can argue for anyone winning it.

Big shout out to the grounds team as well.
The pitch held up brilliantly in bleak conditions

Well, what can you say about that game? Atrocious conditions. Some opposition supporters who continued singing (well oiled) until the end. A brilliant performance by '74 who were playing pretty well I thought to be 3-0 down after 20 minutes, and I was thinking it was going to be another of those awful home games we have been suffering - and then Jake got the ball rolling with the first goal and when we were level before 40 minutes and ahead before the interval I was truly amazed by our football and attitude. Then 3 good goals at the other end with Jake rounding it all off with the 7th. A great display from all the team!

Couldn’t make it today, glad I didn’t miss much ??

Awesome result. Just the sort of result at home that was needed

I thought Trafford away was the best game off the season ! Then 14 days later it is toppled by such a great game. It was some what unbelievable after our showing last Saturday. Absolutely made up for the team and the supporters in such bad weather conditions.

Was the game at risk of been called off! Absolutely not the pitch held up superbly and the ball kept rolling beautifully!

What a game.

I feared a complete hammering when 3 down after 20 mins but we kept playing good football despite the conditions.

Reactions: Ben
Tremendous performance in atrocious conditions. At 3-0 down so soon I was thinking here we go again - no improvement on home form. Though we did have chances in those first 20 mins. We look far better when we play more directly and spray the ball about - similar to the Trafford game. Very impressed with O’Neill and Parker in attack and Matt Woolley in defence. I am convinced we are a far better team if we play with 2 up front instead of the solitary CF.
Much credit goes to the referee who allowed the game to finish and have such a good game. Vast improvement on last weeks ref.

what was the gate on bring a mate day ? Pity the weather was so bad but otherwise what a game for the neutral to watch.

Considering the weather. I think that is good.

Reactions: Ben
Brilliant result. Following on Twitter I put the phone down at 3-0 and gave up, only to take a peek a while later and see we were 5-3 up. I thought we were in for a relegation scrap this season, but to be tenth at this stage is amazing. Have to give the managers credit - can’t have been easy to make the step up & players left, but they’ve not panicked or blamed anyone when we’ve lost, and they’ve developed a competitive team.

All said !, one word from me would be what a magnificent fight back that will be my talking point for years to come.

Well worth the soaking !!.
Frank, congrstulations on your hard won prize today! Hope you are enjoying your whisky as much as I am mine tonight. Sorry about announcing your age wrong but i was working off duff info!

Just want to say thank you to everyone who turned up today in absolutely appalling conditions. A special shout out to all our fantastic volunteers and to the guys who organised the Bring a Mate Day and the raffles.
Oh, and not a bad result too.
Steve.

Well I wasn't expecting that!

We let in 3 easy goals in the first 20 mins and most teams would have given up. We then get a breakaway goal finished perfectly by Jake and OMG! The fight, determination and class shown after that was brilliant. The positive running by Kenzie, Jake and Joe deserved every success and you can choose any of the 3 as MOM. Mike had a great game also and Matt got the whole team rejuvenated.

As Brian said previously, I thought the referee was excellent, he let the game flow and was understanding when some slide tackles were clumsy due to the conditions. Also under pressure from their bench and some of their players to abandon he was tolerant with conditions. It definitely wasn't his game it was ours!

Consistency would be fantastic and on the last 70 mins we would be in the top 3. But this is non league football and it is so hard to find.

I would also like to echo Steve's post and thank each and every one of the volunteers who managed to get that game on today. From Doreen at the gate to the parking steward and everyone else to numerous to mention.

See everyone Tuesday

All said !, one word from me would be what a magnificent fight back that will be my talking point for years to come.
Well worth the soaking !!.
L
Well I wasn't expecting that!

We let in 3 easy goals in the first 20 mins and most teams would have given up. We then get a breakaway goal finished perfectly by Jake and OMG! The fight, determination and class shown after that was brilliant. The positive running by Kenzie, Jake and Joe deserved every success and you can choose any of the 3 as MOM. Mike had a great game also and Matt got the whole team rejuvenated.

As Brian said previously, I thought the referee was excellent, he let the game flow and was understanding when some slide tackles were clumsy due to the conditions. Also under pressure from their bench and some of their players to abandon he was tolerant with conditions. It definitely wasn't his game it was ours!

Consistency would be fantastic and on the last 70 mins we would be in the top 3. But this is non league football and it is so hard to find.

I would also like to echo Steve's post and thank each and every one of the volunteers who managed to get that game on today. From Doreen at the gate to the parking steward and everyone else to numerous to mention.

See everyone Tuesday
Will someone put right the score on the web !, shows us getting a ranking or else my eye sight needs adjusting.

Frank, congrstulations on your hard won prize today! Hope you are enjoying your whisky as much as I am mine tonight. Sorry about announcing your age wrong but i was working off duff info!to
Thanks, Richard,

Age I accept and put down to the poor display a short while ago !!.

Single Malt takes some beating !

Frank, sorry for getting your age wrong, I was told you were 91 I will explain the reason for this to you next week. Enjoy the bottle . Due to this error we had a later arrival who just pipped you to the oldest attendee and a 2nd bottle of the same tipple will be heading to Mike Talbot Butler. Well done Mike, The winner of the free raffle was a 74 season ticket holder and so glad we avoided the complications of a Mossley fan winning.The farthest travelled fan was won by a relative of the Styles family who had come from Leicester. Thanks to all who came

Back