• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Mossley 3-0 1874

Edge

Administrator
Forum Staff
5 Game Player
Jun 24, 2013
A 3-0 defeat sees us drop out off the play-off positions.

Very poor display again, however, it wasn’t a 3-0 loss performance and if big Josh scores that chance before half time its a different game.

Got to do better, far too many players off it

Very poor display again, however, it wasn’t a 3-0 loss performance and if big Josh scores that chance before half time its a different game.

Got to do better, far too many players off it
Performance matched the weather, awful !!

Reactions: Ben
Well beaten today. Another poor performance following on from Glossop last week. Not been good since the Macc win I’m afraid.

Hopefully bounce back soon although it doesn’t get any easier with Linnets Tuesday and Workington away at the end of the month.

Yep , can see the reasoning behind your comments but a win today would have taken us to third when most of the moaners ( and you know who you are) were predicting relegation back in July .
Let’s get real , let’s get behind the lads as I heard nothing but moans today. Win together and lose together, moment we forget that is when we divide as a club and team.
Yes, Mossley budget Dwarfs that of 74 which is why a big, efficient, effective side, had the edge today but we were in the game and 3 goals that could have been prevented , but we fight on unified I hope as negativity gets us nowhere

Yep , can see the reasoning behind your comments but a win today would have taken us to third when most of the moaners ( and you know who you are) were predicting relegation back in July .
Let’s get real , let’s get behind the lads as I heard nothing but moans today. Win together and lose together, moment we forget that is when we divide as a club and team.
Yes, Mossley budget Dwarfs that of 74 which is why a big, efficient, effective side, had the edge today but we were in the game and 3 goals that could have been prevented , but we fight on unified I hope as negativity gets us nowhere
Wasn’t there today, so can’t comment on the game or performance. But I agree with your sentiments entirely Stu. Even if we lose the next 2 games we’ll still be even stevens after 13 games, playing against clubs with far, far bigger budgets.

And we only need to look at our neighbours to see how well we are doing in comparison ??

Stu, I always get behind the lads home and away and miss very few games as anyone who knows me will know that.

I’m always the first to praise the fantastic overall job the team and management are doing. As you say on our budget, we’re performing extremely well and some would say pushing above our weight to be where we are in the league. So I’m very realistic and if we stay up and get a mid table/top half finish again I’m happy. You’re right that we also do need to be unified as fan base.

All that said, it does sometimes feel that fans can’t make ‘negative’ or ‘moaning’ comments and post their opinion or express it on the stands without being made to feel like they can’t make them. We all pay our hard earned money at the end of the day to get behind the team home and away in increasingly poor weather now, plus things are tight at the moment with bills and the cost of living.

Many people could easily decide not to go to matches to save money but yet they still turn up as they love watching the team regardless win, lose and draw. I would always be there watching them. So I think that should be remembered and the least fans should be able to do is express an opinion and that will create a unified fan base. I know I’m not alone in thinking this as I believe a silent majority do.

Let’s all now get behind the lads on Tuesday as I’m sure we all will!

Last edited:
Well it wasn't great, but neither were Mossley. They just seemed to be on the offensive more without really troubling Big T too much. Yes they scored 3 goals and were comfortable from their second but the one big chance we had was missed and really there ended our game.

Feel for Joe Wooley who was by far our best player and continued to take it to them. But in reality we only had the one good chance and we need to create more.

For me we have 3 flying wingers to call on so let's use them and take the game to the opponents like we did 5 or 6 games ago.

See everyone on Tuesday. You never know!!!

Spot on???

Disappointing result of course, but added fuel to go and finally beat linnets on Tuesday

Poor game yesterday, Mossley were more hungry and deserved the points but 3-0 flattered them. If JQ had bagged that chance which in fairness he should have then at 1-1 who knows. I also heard some of our lads had been struggling all week with a virus….that would explain the performance I guess. 100 greens there yesterday ….good effort considering the train strikers etc….COYG

Stu, I always get behind the lads home and away and miss very few games as anyone who knows me will know that.

I’m always the first to praise the fantastic overall job the team and management are doing. As you say on our budget, we’re performing extremely well and some would say pushing above our weight to be where we are in the league. So I’m very realistic and if we stay up and get a mid table/top half finish again I’m happy. You’re right that we also do need to be unified as fan base.

All that said, it does sometimes feel that fans can’t make ‘negative’ or ‘moaning’ comments and post their opinion or express it on the stands without being made to feel like they can’t make them. We all pay our hard earned money at the end of the day to get behind the team home and away in increasingly poor weather now, plus things are tight at the moment with bills and the cost of living.

Many people could easily decide not to go to matches to save money but yet they still turn up as they love watching the team regardless win, lose and draw. I would always be there watching them. So I think that should be remembered and the least fans should be able to do is express an opinion and that will create a unified fan base. I know I’m not alone in thinking this as I believe a silent majority do.

Ben , we appear aligned on the sentiments expressed in your opening paragraph . I agree and acknowledge your loyalty ! I also agree you should be allowed to express your opinion ! But then we come to the elephant in the room something we appear to be diametrically opposed to … in any walk of life , negativity doesn’t improve matters and in a competitive personal challenge like football where there is no hiding spot, encouragement is likely to help with confidence rather more than moaning , and I am talking about continual moaning the “listen to me “ type of excessive moaning . Put the same effort into support and it might just maybe help the cause ! The notion having paid my money I am therefore entitled to say what I want, whenever I want , as much as I want , really needs some examination ….. what other walk of life permits that type of behaviour ? Do it at work and the HR manager will be all over you but on a sat pm it’s fine ?! Sometimes I think we forget we are watching some ordinary lads who aren’t paid a kings ransom doing their very best which at times isn’t enough to keep some of us happy but for me , whilst I see the effort going in ( which invariably we do even in games like yesterday ) , then I respect them for that and the club for the huge genuine efforts they put in to give us something to watch on a sat pm .Why don’t moaners ( and whilst silent I don’t think it’s the majority) but with money tight save a few quid and go down the training centre on a Thursday night, they could give it the lads big time then , mind you not from the security of the terracing or behind a keyboard .
Be loud but be proud and retain our dignity .

So there’s a “silent majority “ that really want to go and voice their displeasure and having paid their money feel they are entitled to do this whenever and as much as they like ...?
Ever thought that maybe having paid their hard earned , they don’t want their afternoon spoilt any more by excessive moaning from a small sector of the crowd who seem to relish the opportunity when things aren’t going well on the pitch ?
You miss the point Ben, there is no evidence to support the notion that negativity and constant moaning will improve performance.

Back