• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Midlands Watch 23/24

Winsford have asked to be relegated

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

And Vics confirm they are joining the Midlands League

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Perhaps sensible moves by both clubs for their own reasons.

I think it's very sad that both local teams now find themselves travelling to the midlands every other week (with the associated travel costs) whilst being members of the NORTH-WEST Counties League and both Witton and 1874 should count themselves lucky that they're members of the NPL and not at the rough end of the appalling decision making of the FA, in their ivory tower in London.
Both WUFC & NVFC and their respective histories could go to the wall with this decision.
GE

I think it's very sad that both local teams now find themselves travelling to the midlands every other week (with the associated travel costs) whilst being members of the NORTH-WEST Counties League and both Witton and 1874 should count themselves lucky that they're members of the NPL and not at the rough end of the appalling decision making of the FA, in their ivory tower in London.
Both WUFC & NVFC and their respective histories could go to the wall with this decision.
GE
Graham - but what would have you done differently given the situation that occurred at the end of last season when Rammy, Colne and Glossop were all relegated and Skem demoted?

There is no way that the Counties could operate as a 26 team league, so something had to give and unfortunately for Witton and Winsford fell foul of their geography.

Winsford have taken a very unpalatable decision to drop a league in order to protect the club from potential financial ruin. As tough as decision as this is, I commend them for their actions as these will help ensure their long term plan future.

Vics on the other hand have taken the significant financial risk of moving to the Midland League. But it could work out in their favour if they can retain the majority of last seasons side that finished 5th - and that is a big, big if - then they stand a good chance of winning it and gaining promotion to the NPL.

Going to be an interesting season ahead!

Telling that the attendance at the BS last night was (quite ironically) just 74.

I’m pretty sure that this is the lowest ever crowd to watch a Vics home league game, although there might have been a few around this figure when they were exiled in Stafford / Flixton.

The lowest gate I recall at a Vics game was 75 at the Staffs Senior cup match at Paget Rangers (near Sutton Coldfield).

Telling that the attendance at the BS last night was (quite ironically) just 74.

I’m pretty sure that this is the lowest ever crowd to watch a Vics home league game, although there might have been a few around this figure when they were exiled in Stafford / Flixton.

The lowest gate I recall at a Vics game was 75 at the Staffs Senior cup match at Paget Rangers (near Sutton Coldfield).
James, not that i’m doubting the plausibility of your post, but where did the figure come from? Did they post the gate in the end or is the info from a reputable word of mouth?

The away team are reporting on their match report

The league website doesn’t have, or the Vics lineup

And so it begins ……. again 😴

Attachments

• IMG_1952.jpeg
    IMG_1952.jpeg
    47.9 KB · Views: 48
James, not that i’m doubting the plausibility of your post, but where did the figure come from? Did they post the gate in the end or is the info from a reputable word of mouth?
From the match report on the Vics website! 😉😳

James I think it’s Facebook. Received it second hand.

It's a reply to the Pickup sacked post on the NVFC facebook page

And the Midland league website really is a waste of space.
😂

Lichfield have gone top on goal difference from Congleton with the same number of games played

Back