• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

JRFC Potential Ground Share rumour, speculation, hearsay

Witton Albion is aware of local speculation about a possible ground share at Wincham Park for the 2015/16 season and beyond.

The club has successfully shared its ground on two previous occasions and is actively pursuing the possibility of doing so again for purely commercial reasons.

Despite a great deal of on-going work, income streams are not keeping pace with the rising cost - both on and off field - of operating at Step 3 of the National League System. It is the board's
responsibility to ensure that the hard-earned financial stability of the club is not jeopardised, to
which end all additional revenue sources must be fully explored. The incremental income generated from greater utilisation of the stadium will enable the club to make the necessary infrastructure investment and would support the newly-launched Witton Albion In the Community scheme.

Witton Albion has held discussions with more than one club in recent months, however no
agreement can be finalised without the permission of the Northern Premier League. The club has consulted with its volunteers and will only make a formal announcement if, and when, a ground share is approved by the league.

I'm concerned for witton I really am, I'm not a jealous fan that JRFC will be returning to Northwich but how can JRFC be able to afford the rent/bills/tax/wages/ & so on?
As you pointed out they are still in the deep red & it will only get worse for them to the point that it might effect witton been out of pocket yet again.
I think JRFC is only thinking about having the title of been back in Northwich & to get back at the 1874 fans not how much money it will cost them to stay at witton.

It won't end well trust me.

It won't effect 1874 I don't think, the fans we got are fully committed to us & we will continue to grow both on & off the pitch.

Craig! Delete 'bills/tax/& so on' and you'll be part way to understanding how they can/do actually afford it..... ;)

Last edited:
My two penneth.

I couldn't give a flying **** what Derek's team do.
I followed them from 1974 (I was nine years old at my first game against Goole Town), I lapsed in the 90's due to my service in the forces, returned in '99 to witness the biggest debacle in their history of which he was a major part. He then allowed two of the biggest charlatans it has ever been my displeasure to acquaint to take the club he loved and destroyed to a new level of depravity rarely seen (but becoming more prevalent) in the modern game. Many MANY businesses lost money supporting Vics. The trust itself put thousands of pounds of fans money (including Colin's) to help the club only for the ground that cost many millions to be lost for lack of business acumen from the last three owners. THEY ALL SHARE EQUAL responsibility in my eyes, I don't care what their excuses are, the simple fact is they failed spectacularly.

Where the hell the current funds to support a successful pitch team is coming from, a lot of people believe they know but unfortunately cannot be proved in a court of law at this current time. Those that still watch them don't care as they have some sort of moral blinkers when it comes to THEIR club (even though it is patently NOT the club they grew up supporting - that was folded in 2004 - this one just bears the same name much the same as Glasgow Rangers, only difference being they still have their stadium!). Had Vics somehow kept the VS we would not be having this debate - that is a moot point - they didn't.

They are a club with little trust, little and ill informed support, no home and bad owners - all proven points.

We are a club with trust from the local community, media and business, reasonable and happy support, a local home and owners who are you and I - again all proven points.

If Witton were to allow them a foothold back into town they will have lost a long term opportunity to work with and grow the two clubs who really matter now to this town. Also they will have destroyed any trust built up by our two clubs since '74's birth.

I trust them to not make that mistake.

We need to grow together and put aside the bitter and twisted rivalry that existed for over a hundred years. Two well run clubs, well supported - Northwich's future.

There is only one true freedom in life - that is to decide whether to be good or bad. We all know deep down which is which.

Chubbs, I could not have put it better myself. I salute you sir.
What other teams do is none of our business, and certainly not part of our future.
We have embarked on a path of our own, and no energy should be wasted on the past. In life, as in business, it is pointless worrying about what others do, just concentrate on your own path. If it is the right one, others will follow.
If it is not, change it and move on.

Witton lost the moral high ground when they stood by Shaun Tuck

As for any potential JRFC, or is it DNFC now?, groundshare it will bring home the question of where's the money coming from & maybe Simmo will start asking questions JR won't like.

My two penneth.

I couldn't give a flying **** what Derek's team do.
I followed them from 1974 (I was nine years old at my first game against Goole Town), I lapsed in the 90's due to my service in the forces, returned in '99 to witness the biggest debacle in their history of which he was a major part. He then allowed two of the biggest charlatans it has ever been my displeasure to acquaint to take the club he loved and destroyed to a new level of depravity rarely seen (but becoming more prevalent) in the modern game. Many MANY businesses lost money supporting Vics. The trust itself put thousands of pounds of fans money (including Colin's) to help the club only for the ground that cost many millions to be lost for lack of business acumen from the last three owners. THEY ALL SHARE EQUAL responsibility in my eyes, I don't care what their excuses are, the simple fact is they failed spectacularly.

Where the hell the current funds to support a successful pitch team is coming from, a lot of people believe they know but unfortunately cannot be proved in a court of law at this current time. Those that still watch them don't care as they have some sort of moral blinkers when it comes to THEIR club (even though it is patently NOT the club they grew up supporting - that was folded in 2004 - this one just bears the same name much the same as Glasgow Rangers, only difference being they still have their stadium!). Had Vics somehow kept the VS we would not be having this debate - that is a moot point - they didn't.

They are a club with little trust, little and ill informed support, no home and bad owners - all proven points.

We are a club with trust from the local community, media and business, reasonable and happy support, a local home and owners who are you and I - again all proven points.

If Witton were to allow them a foothold back into town they will have lost a long term opportunity to work with and grow the two clubs who really matter now to this town. Also they will have destroyed any trust built up by our two clubs since '74's birth.

I trust them to not make that mistake.

We need to grow together and put aside the bitter and twisted rivalry that existed for over a hundred years. Two well run clubs, well supported - Northwich's future.

There is only one true freedom in life - that is to decide whether to be good or bad. We all know deep down which is which.

For goodness sakes Chubby, for once in your life will you get off the fence?

Wittoner here in peace.....

Firstly I think it is pointless speculating too much until the rumours are confirmed, or not. Personally I would not have wanted the club have anything to do with vics over the last several years for reasons both ours and especially your supporters are well aware of. Having said that, and as I understand it, a certain person(s) are no longer involved with the vics and it is back to being run by others (I'm not saying this is right or wrong nor do I know anything about them).

From our point of view we are in a mess right now - both on and off the pitch. I don't think Witton really have any alternative but to explore viable options to prolong the life of our club. As I say until it is all out in the open its purely speculation but I would sincerely appreciate 1874 fans frustration if vics returned to town. I would however also hope that they saw understood the predicament we are currently in.

Witton lost the moral high ground when they stood by Shaun Tuck

As for any potential JRFC, or is it DNFC now?, groundshare it will bring home the question of where's the money coming from & maybe Simmo will start asking questions JR won't like.
No we didn't, we gave one of our players a second chance to learn from his mistakes(which some people should be entitled to in life?) He subsequently threw the second chance back in the clubs face and was then sacked because of it. His personal views were just that, his own. They were not the views of Wiiton Albion FC, any of its supporters or anyone to do with the club.

Reactions: Tez
Wittoner here in peace.....

Firstly I think it is pointless speculating too much until the rumours are confirmed, or not. Personally I would not have wanted the club have anything to do with vics over the last several years for reasons both ours and especially your supporters are well aware of. Having said that, and as I understand it, a certain person(s) are no longer involved with the vics and it is back to being run by others (I'm not saying this is right or wrong nor do I know anything about them).

From our point of view we are in a mess right now - both on and off the pitch. I don't think Witton really have any alternative but to explore viable options to prolong the life of our club. As I say until it is all out in the open its purely speculation but I would sincerely appreciate 1874 fans frustration if vics returned to town. I would however also hope that they saw understood the predicament we are currently in.

Is this post really from a Wittoner? I thought Witton fans were more intelligent than this?!
I see JRFC all over it! Because only JRFC fans can be this stupid!

Last edited:
No we didn't, we gave one of our players a second chance to learn from his mistakes(which some people should be entitled to in life?) He subsequently threw the second chance back in the clubs face and was then sacked because of it. His personal views were just that, his own. They were not the views of Wiiton Albion FC, any of its supporters or anyone to do with the club.

I agree with Paul.

Irrespective of anyone's personal opinions of Tuck, his views and actions - and believe you me, I had plenty! - he was a contracted employee of WAFC at the time and therefore they had to deal with the matter through their own internal processes. This naturally took time and was therefore quite messy. Indeed, I suspect that WAFC would have liked the situation to be resolved far quicker than it was, but they were beholden to investigations by higher bodies - the Police, FA and NPL - all of which delayed their internal investigations and outcome.

I also believe that everyone should be given a second chance (even I'm not perfect!) and to their credit WAFC didn't take the easy option by giving Tuck a second chance. Unfortunately, he chose to throw this back in their face, but I don't think that they should be slagged off for trying to do the right thing.

Is this post really from a Wittoner? I thought Witton fans were more intelligent than this?!

If that's the best you can do I suggest you peace off and do your homework before trying to justify your viable option on here.

Tony - think that you are being a bit OTT here. The guy (or girl!) makes some valid points.

Easy to take the moral high ground, but all clubs need money to survive and prosper and WAFC are no different in this respect

1 The discussion re how Vics pay rent etc has been around for a long time and the bills that NEED to be paid for them to survive are obviously paid. Why any different at Witton?
2 Vics reputation (or lack of?) a barrier to Witton letting them in? If they need the money that much then Vics pound is worth just as much as anyone else's if things are critical.
3 I wouldn't think payment is a problem as I'm sure Witton will want money up front.
4 '74' should just ignore them? Totally disagree there. You have to be aware what other businesses in competition with you are doing so as to be able to respond if necessary. If not you get left behind - remember Woolworths etc?
5 With '4' still in mind and for those of you living locally don't be fooled that everyone outside Northwich knows what is happening. Most will not be aware that '74' and Vics are different clubs! The name 'Northwich' is what will be heard and rembered so what Vics do may tarnish us.
6 Pure speculation on my part but I wonder if Witton will look at us, and where we might be in 2 or 3 years, and think about tempting us to go there earlier than we need to. That would probably mean a lower rent in the short term for longer term security? That would get us all talking!!!

Tony - think that you are being a bit OTT here. The guy (or girl!) makes some valid points.

Easy to take the moral high ground, but all clubs need money to survive and prosper and WAFC are no different in this respect
Last sentence was a llittle harsh and was edited during your rant but I stand by the rest if it.

By the way I find the flavour of your comments a little hard to swallow, considering your views on the two previous chairman of NVFC. One of which this topic refers to or like Witton fans do you also believe that Mr Nuttall is running the show and pulling all the strings?

Last edited:
Let us concentrate on our own club, whatever others do is their business but if this "tie up" does come about it would clearly show the desperate financial state of W****n A. Seems that the talks have been by the "new" owner of JRFC, Derek Nuttall !.

Further, we should not forget the commets once made by JR that his intention is to drive 1874 out of business!!, he does not give a "flying """ about ethics just that he wins any discussion no matter how.

We 1874s have the same viewpoint as to where the "alleged" new owner will find the funds from and as yet that "viewpoint" has not been proven but surely will be eventually by "others".

The discussions taking place will have no impact on the support of 1874 so let us concentrate on our own business of the future.

Yes I am in fact a Wittoner??? But thanks for the childish response to what I thought was a perfectly sensible discussion point. Don't worry I won't post again - its quite obvious outsiders views are not welcome!

Back