• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

JRFC Aftermath

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their collective problem is that those old NV fans with any proactive 'get-up-and-go' did precisely that - they got up and went, and they took with them those individuals capable of carrying out the practical aspects of running a small local football club. They may have a handful of die-hard individuals but where is the evidence of any administrative nouse? Labelling us as 'traitors' is I think not going to worry us unduly, and the idea that you can reject 'old fans' out of hand and aim to focus on 'new fans' merely indicates that they do not have a finger on the pulse of local football.

New fans paying £5 a week to a team with no ownership, no place to play next season (if they last that long!), no one in charge, no structure and rapidly....no players!!
Alistair, I believe it's us who should be saying.........No thanks!:oops:.

Reactions: Tez
We've only become traitors now the JR gravy train has ended. They couldn't careless before as long as their club was being funded...somehow.

It was certainly an odd tweet to make given the present plight. I can't imagine that BHS in their dying days would've suggested that the old customers who no longer chose to shop continued to stay away because they only wanted new customers?
I suspect that this morning there might be a little "morning after the night before" introspection about those errant tweets ;)

I disagree Tez, I truly believe we have found another Colon, in fact a whole herd

Last edited:
And doesn't make you want to give your backing (and your fiver!), to a club with people like this helping to run it........not! o_O.

I disagree Tez, I truly believe we have found another Colon, in fact a whole herd
I've just been researching "herds" to see if they have enough fans to form a herd. Whilst there's no limit to the number in a herd each one has a "control animal" who's behaviour will dictate that of the others in the herd. I thought that was enlightening.

Surely a more appropriate collective noun would be "flock". And not in the sense of winged creatures or congregations.

If they were deadly serious about wanting to save the club it would be all over their website. There is nothing about the outcomes of either meeting which suggests there is something to hide and they are still not to be trusted as they know there are questions to be asked that they don't have an easy answer to.

JRFC Business Plan consists of
200 Club
Sponsorship
100 fans / match
To survive comfortably
I think the FA will accept that as a solid plan

After all is said and done how do we actually attract more people to our games?
I can't see how the demise of NVFC can be of any immediate benefit to us unless the publicity around their end is matched by something from us that captures the public imagination.

JRFC Business Plan consists of
200 Club
Sponsorship
100 fans / match
To survive comfortably
I think the FA will accept that as a solid plan
You might be surprised at how many clubs do survive exactly like that Tony. Not that I'm saying its a great business plan because its not. But they do.

Well according to one of their ownership committee members they've had the thumbs up from the Rushe family. All outstanding debt has been paid off, annual accounts will be submitted before the Companies House deadline and then it's straight into the transfer of ownership and new groundshare negotiations with Witton at a reduced rate.

If they do pull off the impossible they'll need to match their outgoings for the current league of at least £60k/season just to draw even.

Wouldn't have thought their outgoings are anything like £60K a season mate how have you arrived at that figure?

Wouldn't have thought their outgoings are anything like £60K a season mate how have you arrived at that figure?
Just doing the rough calculations, it seems you're probably about right Tony....I'm surprised at the figures but apologies for querying....

Outgoing
Wages/Expenses

20 Players and Management on min £50 /match x 42 matches = £42,000/Season
Rent
£30,000/Season ÷ min 21 home matches = £1,428.57/match
Coach Hire and miscellaneous
£????
Total outgoing £72,000 min/Season

Income
200 Club
200 members paying £5 each/week or 20 members paying £50 each/week = £40,000/season
(Apparently no prizes, all money goes to club)
Gates
100 fans at £9 = £900/match x 21 home matches = £18,900
(Inflatable fans get free entry)
Sponsorship
Whoever is daft enough would have to pay min £13,100/Season for the club to break even
Total income £72,000 max/Season

I've been told by the NVJFC Secretary that I'm way off the mark, apparently the running costs are a lot cheaper.

Last edited:
A business plan based entirely on assumptions.

20161121_054037.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back