• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

John Williams

James Wood

Too much time on my hands
Politics 5
Jun 1, 2017
Sad news tonight that ex Vics, Alty and Runcorn boss John Williams has passed away. For me he was undoubtedly the best manager in NW non league football in the 80’s and 90’s but not only that he was just such really nice gent whom I loved talking about football with after games. His knowledge and understanding about the game was vast, but despite his many successes he was a humble man.

RIP John

Sad news tonight that ex Vics, Alty and Runcorn boss John Williams has passed away. For me he was undoubtedly the best manager in NW non league football in the 80’s and 90’s but not only that he was just such really nice gent whom I loved talking about football with after games. His knowledge and understanding about the game was vast, but despite his many successes he was a humble man.

RIP John
Too many great stories to recall about John, but this one sticks in my mind.

When Will Hughes and I were co-editors of Vics programme in the

Super tribute from former Runcorn World sports editor and long standing Linnets fan Dsve Bettley

A man truly deserved of the tag “Vics legend” 👌

The funeral of ex Vics manager John Williams will take place at 1Pm. Tuesday 2nd April. At Vale Royal Crematorium Shurlach Lane Davenham Northwich CW9 8RP.Followed by drinks at The Letters Inn Tattenhall.

Back