• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Damien Departure

It was inevitable the moment he played Matt Woolley up front as a lone striker. No offence to Matt, but he's not a striker. We were promised goals at the AGM and we got 6 from 10 games.

Hopefully we go two up top now and at least give it a go.

Unfortunately it was the right decision.

We saw nothing new in our approach to games and some of the line ups were mystifying. I watched some of the game from Saturday on the Veo and some of the heads dropped so much, it was painful to see my team like this.

If you look at the table we are still not out of finishing 19th which could still be enough, however on the pitch we are miles away. I really hope Jonah and Wools pull this out of the bag but they may well have to go to people who they know and trust to do it.

What I do know is that they will need all the support from the fanbase more than ever now.

See everyone please..... on Saturday. YOUR club needs you!!!

Shame this one didn’t work out, there were positive signs early doors. Could it be a question of just right person, wrong time and circumstances? Guess we’ll never know!.

Hopefully Jonah/Matt steady the ship now. I think we’re at the point where any interim managers would need be in place until the season end now, so have zero issues with them recruiting and getting support at this point.

Going forward though, we need to plan and prepare efficiently for next season and going forward.

A shame, but an Inevitable decision. He wasn’t the right man for the job in this situation.

I would have liked to have seen what he could have achieved if he was given this job last summer, and had a preseason to prepare. I’m sure he’d have done a stellar job in that scenario

The Board have now made 2 bad calls:
1. Not changing the managers at the end of last season so a new manager could recruit in the close season.
2. Appointing a rookie when we needed an experienced manager to get us out of the mess we’re in.
They cannot afford to make a third bad decision.

A shame, but an Inevitable decision. He wasn’t the right man for the job in this situation.

I would have liked to have seen what he could have achieved if he was given this job last summer, and had a preseason to prepare. I’m sure he’d have done a stellar job in that scenario
I think that you are of the mind that anyone could have done a better job than Bow and Goody.

James, this is a thread about DC. Please keep your childish thoughts to yourself. Thank you.

A brief reminder of some of the rules of the forum

Keep all commentary civil, and be courteous at all times. Constructive criticism is welcome, but insults directed towards other users or the site admins will not be tolerated. Coarse/insulting language will not be tolerated.

I want to wish all the best for Damian. We worked together from his first day at the club, and where things haven’t worked out as hoped for him I hope he gets back in to the game soon in some capacity and does well.

Best of luck to Damian also. Unfortunately didn’t work out for him here but he seemed a nice enough chap and hope it works out better for him in his next position.

A brief reminder of some of the rules of the forum

Keep all commentary civil, and be courteous at all times. Constructive criticism is welcome, but insults directed towards other users or the site admins will not be tolerated. Coarse/insulting language will not be tolerated.
@Edge how many times do you let James Wood talk to people the way he does before he gets a temporary break to reattach his head which has clearly fallen off?

2 threads he’s done this in now.

I don’t care how much of a super fan he is, or how many friends he has, or how many programs he owns, his behaviour should not be tolerated.

The Board have now made 2 bad calls:
1. Not changing the managers at the end of last season so a new manager could recruit in the close season.
2. Appointing a rookie when we needed an experienced manager to get us out of the mess we’re in.
They cannot afford to make a third bad decision.
Why on earth would we have wanted to change the managers at the end of last season? Ok the football in the last few months wasn’t great but the loss of Kenzie in January was a big blow.

But we stayed up which was the main aim. The summer saw us lose Joe W, Kenzie and our POTY Liam Buckley and I’d argue that any side in our position would find it difficult to replace players of this quality.

What I would say is that our summer recruitment was very poor and the intensity in the pre season games seemed to be lacking. But still no reason why we should have jettisoned Bow and Goody as some have suggested.

And as for the view that Damian or anyone else could have done better is pure speculation and can /will never be proven.

Then we lose Fenton Green to Leek and Jack Irlam to Stalybridge and added to this Ellis never really recaptured the form he had demonstrated prior to his horrific accident.

So it’s not surprising that our start wasn’t great. But it was far from disastrous as some would like to make out.

But events since then certainly have been.

Let’s just hope that whoever the Board bring in and whenever that is, he can bring about a change in fortunes on the pitch and start to develop a stable base from which to build on

Why on earth would we have wanted to change the managers at the end of last season? Ok the football in the last few months wasn’t great but the loss of Kenzie in January was a big blow.
Because the football was crap we finished one point above The relegation zone why was kennzie not replaced

But we stayed up which was the main aim. The summer saw us lose Joe W, Kenzie and our POTY Liam Buckley and I’d argue that any side in our position would find it difficult to replace players of this quality.
Again replaced with crap
What I would say is that our summer recruitment was very poor and the intensity in the pre season games seemed to be lacking. But still no reason why we should have jettisoned Bow and Goody as some have suggested.
Pre season was awful remember going to ossett in the fa cup the talk on bus was not how we looking forward to season by how many are going to beaten by
And as for the view that Damian or anyone else could have done better is pure speculation and can /will never be proven.

Then we lose Fenton Green to Leek and Jack Irlam to Stalybridge and added to this Ellis never really recaptured the form he had demonstrated prior to his horrific accident.
Again never replaced
So it’s not surprising that our start wasn’t great. But it was far from disastrous as some would like to make out.

But events since then certainly have been.

Let’s just hope that whoever the Board bring in and whenever that is, he can bring about a change in fortunes on the pitch and start to develop a stable base from which to build on

Last edited:
James
the previous managers failed because we can’t compete financially is your argument, but we don’t have the money because
1. We are losing so crowds are lower
2. We get knocked out of all cup competitions in the first round so no prize money.
3. We as member get our membership too cheap.

Back