• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Daisy Hill -Saturday

Think your very harsh Alan and if we all had that attitude players wouldn't want to play for the club. Lets support the players.

Thought 5/6 were outstanding today.

For me Matty Ward was the man of the match,although he tired the last 10 minutes,his passing and effort was first class.

Wow we're a tough audience!

Accepted, we all have differing opinions (that's what a forum is all about of course) and set different parameters regarding performance perhaps? From my point of view I saw the overriding aim as being to secure three vital points, and we did that very professionally and successfully as a team yesterday. Yes we could and should have scored more goals, but to honest three nil in a game we put to bed early on, did the job nicely. Reading some of the posts yesterday, I did wonder if we had scored three or four more (and let's face it, it was a very fine line between success and failure in that respect yesterday) would those posters still have posted voicing the same disappointment? I suspect not, although in reality, the approach play would still have been of the same quality wouldn't it?

Let's be honest if anyone has any expectation about reducing the goal difference between ourselves, Nelson and Formby, they are going to be disappointed; if we're going to grab one of those promotion spots (and I believe we will still) then it's going to be all about grinding out those wins, not allowing them to be draws or losses, even if that means beating Flixton Villa with a last minute goal in a one nil win. It's all going to be about fine margins between now and the end of the season, let's keep the faith and get fully behind Streety and his boys. COY1874 !!!!! :scarf:

We would all have taken the 3-0 victory before kick-off but judging the opposition for the first quarter of the game, it was apparent that Daisy Hill were absolutely useless and on the basis of the top five being so competitive, it just felt a little disappointing that the foot was taken off the pedal and the urgency with such an open opportunity to give a team a hiding and get that goal tally up there which could well be an 'extra point' come the end of the season if it continues to be so close.

• The finishing could have been sharper.
  • We could have been a keener to get the ball forwards - Daisy Hill only ever looking like getting off the mark from our mistakes.
  • Some tired performers, and a few didn't have a good game. Daley Woods was visibly knackered after twenty minutes. Lee Jones wasn't at his best yesterday but has been terrific stepping in for Adam - we've been a better team since.

Blah, blah... we're in a fantastic position with a prosperous future and it's great to e talking football again. The team is miles better than it was and better players keep on joining. Chris Lunn's cameo was excellent yesterday when he came on. He and Matty Ward could open some doors for us.

I'm not envious of Ian at this stage - we've got a strong squad which looks to match Formby, Colls and Hanley. Lets hope he gets it right. If it doesn't happen this year- then if we can keep these lads together and continue to gain strength then we'll do it next year - what's the rush?

It was only my third game this season and have yet to see them lose. I really enjoyed the game and give credit to Daisy Hill who competed after such a disastrous start. I thought Mike Brandon was impressive particularly how he chased back after the ball, Conke for being dependable, Ward has some real skill, I like daley ? on the wing - actually I thought the whole team was pretty impressive. Given the short life of the club its no mean achievement to be competing near the top in front of over 200 fans away from home COYG

Well said, it's great to be talking football again instead of boardroom!

Thought it was a very good performance and I'm sure we would all of taken a 3 nil win before kick off. Lets face it, it was very comfortable and Matt looked bored in goal. Thought the back four looked very solid, midfield worked hard without showing too much of their qualities, Ward was in and out, Brandon and Welstead worked tirelessly.

I don't envy Ian as we go into a tough period of football, but fantastic to be watching our club in a promotion run in.

Given the short life of the club its no mean achievement to be competing near the top in front of over 200 fans away from home COYG

Might have been the lowest home league attendance so far - which given the circumstances is somewhat understandable - but it was still bigger than three crowds in Step 2, seven out of 30 in Step 3 and 45 from 58 in Step 4. The average home league attendance is still 338 - which is amazing - and with BAM2 yet to come and a possible promotion / championship decider v Widnes on Easter Monday, we could still be aiming for the 35o mark!

Echo some of the thoughts....isn't it great that we are debating 'on the pitch' matters. It means that, so far, our new club has been a success.

I just want to say that yesterday couldn't have been more perfect for me. A very comfortable, professional performance and a great 3 points from a grand set of lads, to keep us up there in the mix. And plenty of smiles from the stands.

1874 is very special and so are the people who are doing their best for it :scarf:

From the 18 minutes of highlights I've just watched I'd say some folk on here are hard to please. Typical Northwichers. I thought there was a lot of good build-up and with a bit more luck (and some more clinical finishing) it looked like it could have been double figures. Though that would have done wonders to the goal difference I'm hoping it doesn't come down to that in the end, because Nelson's and Formby's sre both way ahead of ours and Nelson at least show no sign of wanting to reduce theirs. Win our games and we'll be fine, and if that was over 90 minutes an off-colour performance then woe betide anyone who comes up against us when we are playing well. A 3-0 margin is pretty comprehensive nonetheless.

And yes, we've come a hell of a long way in a short time, taking over 200 to Widnes is pretty impressive, and there seems to be nothing but positivity coming out of the club. Roll on the run in.

Another comprehensive win, in which Daisy Hill didn't threaten, Mike could of scored a hatrick but it didn't go for him, same with Wardy.

Nice to be easing wins instead of having to fight for them in the run in,

Bring on Colls

Back