• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

CoL this afternoon

Edge

Administrator
Forum Staff
5 Game Player
Jun 24, 2013
Hopefully, I'll be doing updates later from the game.
Head over to https://1874forum.co.uk/chat/ - or just click Chat & join the Match Day Updates room

Might be worth testing it out before 3.00 in case there are any issues with it & then I can try to fix before kick off.

Well, didn’t know what to expect but certainly didn’t expect 6-3.

We look decent going forward. Gardener looks to be a great signing.

But we were absolutely shocking at the back today. May as well have just installed a Cat Flap at the back.

Will reserve judgement on the Keeper for now.

Well may as well have copied and pasted Andys post cause he has it spot on.
Worst game ive ever seen Danny Thomas have.
Over 600 appearances between the back four and they played like they were four strangers!!!
Midfield/forward line did there best get us back in it then we'd give away another goal virtually straight away!!
Very very disappointed ????????.

Can’t remember a defensive display as bad. Non existent. No one deserved any praise at all in that department Keeper terrible. Never came off his line and no where near agile enough.
Never seen Danny play so poorly but not on his own.
Midfield mediocre at best. Forwards tried hard.
Beaten to most of the 50/50 balls by a far superior team on the day.
Hope it is a one off or going to be a long hard season.
Very disappointing start.

Totally agree we need to look for a keeper and quick, we need some bite in midfield as well.
Not a good day all round.

Although the goalie had a poor game he was not helped by one of our defenders (no names no pack drill) who managed to run into him for one goal, divert another past him and possibly at fault with another.

First of all, lets start on the defence, I thought Ryan Mitchell had a good game. DT did not, one of the worst performances he’s ever put in for the club, but he will know that. And I back him to react and bounce back from today.

The midfield, Sam Freakes apart, were none existent, Mark Jones seemed off the pace today (unlike him) and Matt Woolley was harrassed by their midfield as soon he touched it.

Scotty as usual ran his legs off, Beadle was good when he came on and scored a good header, Kyle also caused problems.

Gardner is a very good addition and his freekick was pure quality, a good addition to the squad.

We got caught cold today by a side that were more hungry. That in no way means that 74 wont get going, but it almost felt like a preseason performance from our lads today.

We go again against Burscough. We will not play like that again this season.

Felt all summer we needed a big defensive signing but sadly it didn’t happen. We either can’t compete for the bigger names, or they don’t fit within the budget. Hopefully the management team will be able to get the best out of the squad again.

Felt all summer we needed a big defensive signing but sadly it didn’t happen. We either can’t compete for the bigger names, or they don’t fit within the budget. Hopefully the management team will be able to get the best out of the squad again.
I disagree, whereas I think the defence looked weak today, Jack Pritchard is a huge miss, he’s got quality of leagues a lot higher than ours, we need him back ASAP

wasn't at the game but sounds like we were terrible defensively and we dont need be helping a quality side like COL score goals, I know its only the first game but we need to get a grip quickly and stop giving away silly goals like today (which unfortunately isn't a new problem for us)

Wasn't Dave jack he was doing the coaching but didn't recognise other lad
Apparently we have a lad, ex Wrexham with us at the minute too. Not heard anything about him signing like.

Think we have some quality defenders, but they don't seem to gel as a unit.
We gave away some poor goals last season and have started this the same.
Last season the midfield/Forward line we so dominant that the back four often had it easy.
Not sure they are as good as a unit as some people think

Hoping to get to more games this season wasn’t there today not worried at all yet to score 3 against a quality side which they are speaks volumes in itself looking more on the positive side for once we’ve always started a league campaign quite well and faded around after the Christmas period maybe this will reverse itself this season

Blackie makes some good comments.last season we were kept in games by some great goalkeeping. But this season I fear that might not be the case so defence need to be at their best which sadly today they were most definitely not !

Can't argue with most of the above.
Punished by a very good side for a huge collection of defensive errors. Also, punished being caught on the ball in the midfield due to their closing down.
If only we had a moose.

Thought Josh looked nervous, but hopefully that's out of his system now. Then again, no wonder given what was happening in front of him.

Back