• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Central Defence

josh89

Too much time on my hands
Jul 27, 2013
I've noticed recently that there is real potential in the defensive partnership of Danny Thomas and Craig Farnworth and I believe that it can only get better, curious to know what clubs they have played for before joining 1874?.

Yeah very good player with a lot of potential to get even better.

I'm always impressed with Danny when I see us play it's a shame he made that mistake yesterday but he entitled one when he's been one of best players!!

DT always makes one slip up a game, sometimes we get punished, sometimes not but he will get better the more he matures.

Take nothing away from him, I still think we have a really good player in him.

DT has been our most consistent performer IMO and Craig Farnworth has been a top signing since he joined us. Then if you look at the back up we have from McKay and Bowyer and the central defence is looking strong. Our defensive record this season says it all.

I think McKay is a good player ,he is not afraid of getting forward.

I have to agree with most of what's been said but anything fortunate to get past those 2 they still have to get past matt in goal which is not easy.
even when danny made that mistake Saturday he almost kept the ball out
any opposition forwards hoping to add to their goal tally are having to put in hell of a shift to get even a sniff of the goal against those three.
and having only played together 6 or 7 times they can only get better

I thought Danny was very poor Saturday and I think Farnworth has been poor for a few wks now. I'd like to see a change up in that position.

DJ whilst I respect your opinion I have to strongly disagree with it
after checking on results the centre back pairing of danny and craig
based on goals against have conceded 3 in 6 = 0.5 league goals per game
leaving whatever pairing that was used before conceding 12 in 10 =1.2 league goals per game
both lads have one important factor PACE therefore any mistake they make with pace they have a chance to recover
i'm not sure the other lads in the squad have that
after only 6 games together im sure they can only get better

Back