• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Buses in Northwich

James Wood

Too much time on my hands
Politics 5
Jun 1, 2017
If this goes ahead it could result in the end of the bus service between Northwich and Barnton! And even worse Leighton Hospital, Winsford and Northwich!

Although I can’t drive due to medical issues, Im lucky in that I have my long suffering wife and a great set of mates who ferry me around.

But can you imagine the impact that these cuts will have on those who wholly rely on local buses to transport them to local shops, the hospital, medical appointments and to see their families and friends?

It is hardly surprising when you see how empty the buses generally are. It does seem, though, that some people forget not everyone has private transport and needs a service like they provide. Buses now going the same way as trains? Maybe someone will buy some old Crosville or North Western Road traction (if my dim memory serves) buses and start a heritage bus service like the ELR etc on the railways.

It is hardly surprising when you see how empty the buses generally are. It does seem, though, that some people forget not everyone has private transport and needs a service like they provide. Buses now going the same way as trains? Maybe someone will buy some old Crosville or North Western Road traction (if my dim memory serves) buses and start a heritage bus service like the ELR etc on the railways.
Time to bring Reg Varney out of retirement Richard??

#onthebuses!

Nearly right Richard, North Western Road Car Company which would have celebrated it's centenary this year. I believe there is an event on at the Museum of Transport in Manchester on 22nd and 23rd of April to recognise this.

Last edited:
Back