• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

AGM

Danebank Green

Legend
Aug 1, 2013
Just wanted to say - well done to the board and the Chairman for an excellent AGM.

Very well run, informative and answered questions directly and thoroughly.

First class Treasurers and Secretarys reports and full input from other board members and team secretary.

Very well attended and the professional standard Powerpoint show and buffet were a nice touch.

Thanks also to Jackie - Supporters Direct and the Gentlemen from FC UM for their attendance and support.

#1874 - doing it right.

Just wanted to say - well done to the board and the Chairman for an excellent AGM.

Very well run, informative and answered questions directly and thoroughly.

First class Treasurers and Secretarys reports and full input from other board members and team secretary.

Very well attended and the professional standard Powerpoint show and buffet were a nice touch.

Thanks also to Jackie - Supporters Direct and the Gentlemen from FC UM for their attendance and support.

#1874 - doing it right.

Second those comments !.

I had to leave before buffet :-( so I hope you all enjoyed my food lol. It was good to here our club is going in the right direction and has a great setup, thumbs up for all .

Trevor....I just want to say that the pork pie that had your name on it was delicious....thanks!!! :D

I would like to pay tribute to Chris Borley, our Society Secretary. Yesterday was the culmination of a lot of hard work by him, over a number of weeks, making sure that all the rules were followed and that members had all the information they needed to make the decisions. Not something that I could have taken on, well done Chris!

He was also responsible for the very brilliant tribute to our first year, a selection of perfect pictures to perfect music. Completely choked me the first time I saw it and everytime since. I hope we can get this out for all fans to see.

Our Board members deserve special praise for the work that they carry out for our club and their roles towards putting the AGM on. I do want to single out John (our Treasurer) who made sure that the accounts were utterly spot on and fully audited for members and finally Paul (our Chairman) who simply is the glue that binds our club and Board together. He puts in a shift and a half every day and he made sure that everyone knew their responsibilities yesterday, for the benefit of every member and supporter.

Very proud to be associated with this fantastic club :scarf:

The manner in which the board are leading our club is a credit to everyone of them. We are in safe hands. Well done chaps and chapesses ( that's you Vicky ).
#COYG

I had to leave just before the 200 club draw, hope I didn't miss much afterwards?

I'd reiterate the above and thank all board members and others who are doing a great job in running the club. I think I'm right in saying it is appreciated by all members and supporters. Well done!!

I couldn't make the AGM due to work. I was hoping for some details in the newsletter of what was mentioned and maybe some info as to where the club is heading and what type of year we have had financially.
Received the newsletter today and there's no mention of the AGM. Will some info be made available in some form??

Blackie - in effect the secretarys & Treasurers reports sent with AGM notice covered the vast majority of AGM content.

Were the motions approved? It is normal practice after an AGM to issue a notice on the results of the vote. If you did not attend the AGM you would not know the results or what the responses were to the questions raised.

To be honest, I have never in all the years of running my own organisation/company AGMs issued any such notices, and in the past few weeks I have been to 3 AGMs where there has been no written follow-up. The only formal follow-up is in the form of the minutes of the AGM, which tend not to appear until the next AGM (or shortly before) as they are unofficial until ratified by those members present at the meeting as an accurate record of events. This may be a failing of the process, but it is the norm.

I will confess that I do tend to give a brief (but unofficial, personal) run-down on any major points affecting future operations for all members, but that is by choice not compunction, and we publish the reports on the website, but otherwise those who don't turn up are left to piece things together from those who do.

Public/private/voluntary organisations have differing regulatory requirements for AGMs, what are the requirements for 1874? In all the AGMs I have been present at there has always been a RNS or note to shareholders informing them of the outcome of the vote. It is compulsory for listed companies. I know we are not a PLC but we are still 'shareholders'. As a minimum there could have been a simple summary in the newsletter to say who had been elected. I did submit an email question (as requested) but unless I had attended I would not get any feedback. You are probably in a position to piece things together, I am not.

As a shareholder who was unable to attend, I am looking forward to reading the minutes of the meeting.

Hi folks, sincere apologies for the tardiness of this reply.
If anyone would like a copy of the minutes of the AGM they are available as a PDF. Just drop me a request at [email protected] and I shall send them directly to you.
Peter I have sent you a copy this evening.
Blackie and Tinpot, if you could e-mail me I shall send them on once confirmed of your membership (sorry guys I haven't a clue who you are!)

For your information however I can state that we had an independent scrutineer, Peter Burke from FCUM, at the meeting and he was happy that all the motions were passed correctly and we now have a board consisting of :
Paul Stockton, Brian Edge, John Coats, Gary Halvorsen, Mark Riding, James Wood, Andy Dignum, Tony Fallows, Guy Jewell, Alex Dickinson and Chris Appleton.
Total votes: 72 in attendance, 25 by email. Two votes were recorded against one of the candidate’s appointment and one vote against a second candidate, but all other votes were in favour of all the appointments.

The new boards roles will be decided at the first board meeting.

My role as society secretary and the role of Vicki, our excellent football secretary, are appointments that are made by the board at the first meeting to be held in the coming weeks.

Back