• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

1874 Pre Season Games

1874Craig

Legend
Jul 27, 2013
Any more news regarding pre season friendly games?

Two games that I know of so far is:
Atherton LR (Away) July 8th
Mossley (away) July 22nd

Who would you like 74 to face in pre season? Me personally I would like some nice local games against the likes of Lostock, Rudheath etc etc.

Being a Utd fan I'd like Salford City and would also like Alty and Crewe Alex

Both Crewe and Alty are unlikely I'd have thought. The friendlies are all about a gradually harder work out for the lads or in.a few cases the potential to host games with a money spinning gate. I'm not sure either club necessarily meets that criteria, likewise in the case of Salford City too.

Warrington Town away on a Saturday afternoon, please.

Well if we're doing road trips, how about Biggleswade Town? Founded in 1874 and play in green and white. :D

I'm assuming amongst the pre-season programme there will be a seaside trip out to North Wales pencilled in?

Vicki you can issue the list now spurs have just confirmed.......................................

Well if we're doing road trips, how about Biggleswade Town? Founded in 1874 and play in green and white. :D

I'm assuming amongst the pre-season programme there will be a seaside trip out to North Wales pencilled in?

Don't forget about South Wales - some stunning beaches down here. ;) Maybe Carmarthen Town, or perhaps the now fan owned Merthyr (remember them?!) would be more appropriate. :D

Don't forget about South Wales - some stunning beaches down here. ;) Maybe Carmarthen Town, or perhaps the now fan owned Merthyr (remember them?!) would be more appropriate. :D
Nice beaches close to Carmarthen but Merthyr?? I think not! Carmarthen is a fair old drive for a friendly of course, but I would welcome it!

Fab!
Atherton, Kuntsford and Mossley away on consecutive Saturdays!
I can feel a Northern Rail Wayfarer day out for the first and third.
Pity that Radcliffe and New Mills aren't also on a Saturday.
But all in all, some quality 'pre-season' training for the fans as well as the players!

Fixtures plotted with our real ale drinkers in mind. Apologies that we couldn't get Radcliffe or New Mills on a Saturday, just how it worked out. But I know that going to Atherton and also a short hop to Knutsford, will suitably make up for it!

Fixtures plotted with our real ale drinkers in mind. Apologies that we couldn't get Radcliffe or New Mills on a Saturday, just how it worked out. But I know that going to Atherton and also a short hop to Knutsford, will suitably make up for it!
Thanks Vicki, but you didn't take note of the bloody big hill from the pubs to the ground at Mossley! :)

Back