• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Xmas Quiz

Pat Van de Hauwe as the defender against Chelsea, no idea on the keepers. Stab in the dark

I’m afraid not, Jack. But it’s a good ‘stab’.

All will be revealed tonight - that is unless comes up with the correct answer beforehand.

Years ago I was at a West Ham game when they scored against three different keepers, but I cant remember any details. Was that the game?

WHU v Newcastle was a fixture in that season so could be.
3 Ray Stewart penalties??

Getting close!! Barnton Green - if “years ago” was April 1986, then I reckon it could be the game you attended. Now all you need to remember is who the match was between, who the international defender was who scored the 3 goals and the name of the 3 goalkeepers. Simple, eh.

Edge - Ray Stewart the right back Scottish ‘penalty king’. Nope, I’m afraid not. If my memory serves me right only 1 of the goals was a penalty.

I only attended matches at the Boleyn when Mark Ward was playing so it was around then.
Maybe the scorer was Alvin Martin or Billy Bonds?

The answer to Q8 is: Central defender - Alvin Martin scored a hat-trick against Newcastle United. The final score was 8:1. The 3 goals were scored against Martin Thomas who went off injured, and was replaced by outfield player Chris Hedworth, who was in turn replaced by Peter Beardsley.

Back