• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

World Cup Group Game Thread

WC2018 Winners

• 🇦🇷

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 🇧🇪

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 🇧🇷

• 🇪🇸

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 🇫🇷

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • 🇩🇪

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A.N.Other

• 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 England

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
As I saw it, the ball was played through to Kim by a left-foot toe poke from Toni Kroos, presumably hoping to make more substantial contact, and this then brushed the leg of another German player on the way through (though that is irrelevant if it came from Kroos) - so Kim could not have been offside now or under past rules. The corner came in and the Korean player jumped but made no contact and it landed at Kroos' feet. You can't be offside from a corner (which was the touch before Kroos). VAR simply confirmed the "pass" had come from Kroos - which in fairness the linesman could not have seen in that crowded box.

And my wife is not happy. Daughter neither, come to that, though she now says she can put her energy into England. And that's my pre-tournament tip out of the window. :(

It does appear to be wide open.

France have either saved their energy for the later stages or aren't as good as they should be.
Brazil haven't impressed yet either. They look capable of conceding a few, but maybe not 7 this time.

Spain the favourites for me at the moment.

As I saw it, the ball was played through to Kim by a left-foot toe poke from Toni Kroos, presumably hoping to make more substantial contact, and this then brushed the leg of another German player on the way through (though that is irrelevant if it came from Kroos) - so Kim could not have been offside now or under past rules. The corner came in and the Korean player jumped but made no contact and it landed at Kroos' feet. You can't be offside from a corner (which was the touch before Kroos). VAR simply confirmed the "pass" had come from Kroos - which in fairness the linesman could not have seen in that crowded box.

And my wife is not happy. Daughter neither, come to that, though she now says she can put her energy into England. And that's my pre-tournament tip out of the window. :(
Same way Scotty got one of our goals at home this season. A mile offside but only the ref saw the opposition player in a crowded penalty area kick it back towards his own goal. Simples!!

What do you reckon - Semi? Final? Winners??

Hopefully England can start by beating Sweden today. Then one of Croatia and Russia would await. France vs Belgium the other semi.

Back