• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

World Cup Group Game Thread

WC2018 Winners

• 🇦🇷

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 🇧🇪

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • 🇧🇷

• 🇪🇸

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • 🇫🇷

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • 🇩🇪

Votes: 6 35.3%
  • A.N.Other

• 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 England

Votes: 3 17.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Edge

Administrator
Forum Staff
5 Game Player
Jun 24, 2013
Spain v Portugal the stand out game so far with the Saudi's looking the worst team in the competition.

And I have Serbia & Tunisia and Iceland & Senegal in the 1874 Lottery. Think my money has gone.

Spain v Portugal the stand out game so far with the Saudi's looking the worst team in the competition.

And I have Serbia & Tunisia and Iceland & Senegal in the 1874 Lottery. Think my money has gone.
Don;t forget the booby prize

Hmm, flags only appear on mobile ( android).

Early days, but have to agree Spain and Portugal have been the two to stand out thus far. Denmark and Iceland could trouble of few more countries over the coming games too. Despite beginning with a loss, I think Peru showed enough about them to perhaps suggest they might trouble the French and certainly shouldn’t be ruled out of qualifying out of their group.

Germany are rubbish, Brazil aren'r much cop. We're going to win it.

Saudi Arabia and Uruguay here. Can't even get worst losers as they're both in the same group and have to play each other.

I've money on Uruguay to win it!

I genuinely can't make a prediction.

There are no stand out teams currently. England as good as anyone so far.

Let's not get carried away with England..... good 30 minutes against Tunisia and an easy win vs a very poor Panama (think even us would have won that one!)

Let's see how they go against Belgium......at this point, i would take a draw and top the group....

It would be nice if the TV channels sent their Pundits and commentator's to learn the rules of the game before they make fools of themselves,one commentator last night (ex player) made a complete prat out of himself with some of his comments.As for the play back on decision's,it's turning the game into a joke,they still get it wrong and it puts more pressure on the referee,last night in one game the poor ref was made to look incompetent and put under intense pressure when virtually every decision he made was greeted with players running up to him looking like they were playing charades'.Use it for goal line over or not is fine,the game got on fine for over 100 years and you will always get human error and different interpretation's on decision's(which you also is happening in the World Cup with some of the play backs).

Toddy, the trouble is that there is so much money involved in the game now that decisions need to be right.... I don't disagree with using the VAR system, but it needs to be slicker in it's use and the people making the decisions need to be better educated to understand the game to make the right decisions....

decisions need to be right.

It works for goalline. It works for offside (though it still gets confusing with the 'play on and we'll review it afterwards' approach).

But you find me someone who thinks that was a handball penalty last night.

Penalties and red-card offences always have been subjective decisions, and no amount of VAR is going to give us 100% correct decisions. I find it sad that we the fans are ending up talking about the technology rather than the football. And it encourages play-acting to exaggerate things so they look worse when reviewed. And instead of brandishing imaginary red/yellow cards, players are, as Toddy so wonderfully puts it, playing charades with the ref. And it sidelines the fans in the stadium.

So my first 4 raffle tickets have been sent to the bin......... just need to get Germany through to keep my interest in the competition going...... C'mon Germany!!

Stephen in my day it would have been offside,but don't if the rule has changed?.

Back