• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Workington Away

Absolutely…4 out of the top 5 played and two thirds of our games against top half clubs. Seems like the return of Jake Parker and Aaron Smith who both came on in the 2nd half changed the game. On to October now with 4 important league games against teams just below mid table. Confidence should be good, hopefully we’ll be back to full strength soon and maybe a striker to bolster our front line, Another good turnout today too… COYG

Just come on here to give an opinion from the other side on today's game. First half Workington well on top and honestly thought we would go on to score 3 or 4. Second half ,one way traffic and we were lucky to take a point,could make all kinds of excuses but 1874 will be disappointed that the free kick didnt go in ,very rare to see a decent away following up our way so hope you enjoyed it,well done

?? And a peek at the league tells us how hard a start we’ve had. Puts it all into context

Absolutely, it’s been tough!

As for today’s game, I couldn’t make it but over the moon to come away with points from there. Probably the toughest away trip of the season.

Another step forward. Roll on Saturday.

Didn't go today but what a great result against a top team, hopefully get the confidence up for Saturdays game, let's hope for a good turnout 250 min.
COYG

Reactions: Ben
I made the long trip to Workington today (it’s a trek and a half!) and I’m absolutely delighted with the point we’ve got. Feels like a win. The trip home was a good one!

The second half performance from the lads was superb to come from two goals down and get a point. Aaron Smith’s free kick at the end almost won it. Smith and Parker made a massive difference when they came on.

But honestly, I’m so proud of the team to get a point at top of the league and probably the toughest away game we’ll play. Play like that and we’ll be okay. Up the 74!

On 20 minutes I thought the game was getting away from us but we steadied and saw it through to half time.

Second half continued to improve without really threatening their goal. But when the two subs came on we went from predictable to unpredictable with the invention of Aaron and Jake. But not only this but the shape and formation changed with Jack going forward and confusing their defence.

The penalty was a massive breakthrough but we grasped it with both hands and almost won it.

Great day/night out and just waiting for our train back.

See everyone next week!

Just come on here to give an opinion from the other side on today's game. First half Workington well on top and honestly thought we would go on to score 3 or 4. Second half ,one way traffic and we were lucky to take a point,could make all kinds of excuses but 1874 will be disappointed that the free kick didnt go in ,very rare to see a decent away following up our way so hope you enjoyed it,well done
Thank you Mick!

I couldn't go yesterday sadly but I have heard nothing but praise from our folks about the warm welcome and hospitality from your fantastic club. Your officials even presented us with a silver salver, to commemorate our visit. Class! We've had a mixed start to life in the NPL, not been too far away even when we have been beaten and we're still adapting, so you can imagine how happy we are to get a point yesterday.

Huge thanks to you all and very best of luck for the promotion push

Fair assessment here aside of the interviewer’s opinion on the penalty. Up high on the terrace behind the goal, it was stonewall.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Aaron scared the crap out them. They couldn’t cope with his running with the ball. The keeper was a very lucky lad with that free-kick…

I was impressed by Foulds yesterday. Looks like we now have some good central defence options. Well done to Taylor too for covering in absence of Jacko and Matty. A little bit of red mist at the end though… another lucky lad!!

I was impressed by Foulds yesterday. Looks like we now have some good central defence options. Well done to Taylor too for covering in absence of Jacko and Matty. A little bit of red mist at the end though… another lucky lad!!
The Workington number five was lucky too, not to draw a yellow for the foul on Smith which resulted in the cross bar bound freekick in the dying seconds.

Warning - strong language

And from Jack's twitter feed

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
appalling language from the match commentator.why are the mods allowing this on the forum
Sorry about that.
I watched it on my phone with no sound so didn't realise.

Back