• Hello Guest, You'll need to login or signup to be able to post on here.

Who are the teams to watch out for ......

Tez

Administrator
Forum Staff
Game Player 5
Jun 24, 2013
..... In the NWCL Division One this season? Probably the obvious one will be Formby perhaps, who finished champions in reality and would most likely have been promoted had they not suffered off-field issues. I also have a sneaky feeling that Widnes will do okay too.

So folks anyone out there studied previous form a bit more thoroughly? Let's have your suggestions.

# Note: I haven't bigged up our prospects here, I wouldn't want to tempt fate just yet :)

I'm not too sure when it comes to this league

I know that a lot fans have promotion in our plans and I don't want to say that's wrong but I'm going to wait until xmas see our results and the league and il have a better idea

Atherton Collieries are a good side and they finished well last year. They have a great set-up and will be looking to make the step up I'm sure.

As Tez has mentioned, Formby will have to be looking to put their off-the-field woes behind them and move forward.

Rochdale, Darwen and Ashton are others to watch. Having said that, I can only comment on this as a casual observer of the league.

Looking forward to it though, it's a new challenge for our team and I think it'll be fantastic to find out which are the good, challenging sides in this league by taking them on!

I really couldn't comment about who the teams are to look out for. I admit to knowing next to nothing about the opposition in this league. However, I have heard good things about Atherton Colleries.

Looking at the fixtures we don't meet Atherton Colls until the end of the season.

What does the asterisk mean (next to Oldham's name and a few others)? It's not listed in the key.

Thanks, yes, it looks like it - just done the maths and they are three points short

We should take note that Hanley Town won everything in their league(cup and league) so we should be wary of them as they like us are newcomers to the league.

Also we play them in the first round of one of the cups.

I think there are a few good teams in this league, not sure there is a clear favourite looming. One thing's for sure, we are the new gang, stemming from a famous old non league club with positive publicity so far, therefore I suspect that every other side will be looking to shoot us down. For me, all games will be cup finals!!

really think and hope that 1874 can get promotion this year and maybe even win the league outright.

Back